Chapter 15: The Big Plan

A knock at the door distracted me from my work, so I stood up from my bed and opened the door to reveal Camilla.

"We have a urgent meeting." Camilla announced.

I nodded and closed my door. "What's it about?" I asked while we both walked to the conference room.

She turned her head towards me and smiled.

I stared at her confused. She didn't answer me and when we got to the conference room, it looked like I was the last one there.

"Everyone take your seats." Chris ordered and I sat next to Christian raising my eyebrows at him in question. He shrugged his shoulders and I nodded. "Alright. You all already know that our drug business has decreased, thankfully our company's business hasn't, but still. It's the fact that the others mock us thinking we're weak. That we don't deserve to be here. That because Fransisco has died we are not worthy. And so they try putting us down. And I've had enough of that bullshit. We need to get ourselves together and show them who the fuck is boss now. We need to fucking put ourselves so high that they won't be able to touch us. We need to put Giovanni down especially when he's having his wedding soon, he'll be distracted. He underestimated us."

Everyone in this room nodded and yelled, cheering Chris on. I liked his motivation, but what exactly was he getting at.

"And how exactly will we get up there. You know, at the top?" I asked hoping he wouldn't show his bad mood. "Are you hoping to fight fire with fire?"

"Lana there's a reason why you're sitting there and not standing here. Giovanni thought us weak and we-"

"You'll only make the fire bigger. Chris if you love and want to protect this family then don't rush into this. You'll only kill our men. You can't just walk in deliberately." I sighed and stood up. "Camilla." I turned towards her and she stood up straight in her chair. "How good do you think Giovanni is with this kind of stuff? Is he a tough opponent? And let's not forget the other three families?"

"Well yes. Giovanni isn't to be underestimated. He was raised by the devil himself. He's tough as is everybody else." She finished

I nodded my head. "Exactly. My point exactly. He had his men come in through our "so called good" security. Not offending anyone, but we have to be two steps ahead of him, hell, probably more but as long as we're on top of the game."

"So what's your point Lana?" Chris asked, his eyes narrowed, and his arms crossed.

I wait a couple of minutes and think this through. Would they even listen to me? Why did I talk when I have no idea where I was-wait I think have a plan.

"Okay I think I may have a plan." I cough getting rid of anything stuck in my throat and continue. "I think since he thinks we're at our lowest point, we should take advantage of that. Meaning we should train our men better while we have the time. Not make any mistakes. Security has to step it up. That there will be no ranks deciding how strong you are, because everyone will be at the highest rank. We all have to be the best of the best. Then once we're on our toes, strong and ready, the second part of our plan also comes in. There's no mercy. Our customers will respect the hell out of us. We will be the talk of the city. And it won't be Giovanni who they should fear, it will be us. Third plan being, and I know it's risky but we could try getting into Giovanni's territories and steal away his customers. Or we could always do it to the other families also." I stood there mind blown that I had come up with that idea in under two minutes. I was nervous about what their reaction would be. I hope it was good even though I had only thought about it.

Everyone looked deep in thought but it wasn't their decision to make, it was Chris's. Everyone then looked at Chris waiting for his response. Chris was deep in thought with a tough look on his face.

"Fine. Your plan sounds much better than mine I have to admit. I thought maybe our family was good enough but I was blind by my pride. Fine it's concluded then. There will be three steps in order to be at the top of the game. First being that we each train ourselves to be better. Better with weapons. Better with communication. Better at everything. Then second step will be to show no mercy to our customers nor the people to betray us. There are no mistakes allowed. I will go hard on everybody. We can't show weaknesses at all. And third step, "He gave me a pointed look and  then looked at everybody else. "We will take what should be ours." He finished with a mischievous glint in his eye.

I hope he knew that this would probably result in a bloody war and that men were the price to pay. That even meant our men.