Chapter 10: Never Had a Chance

I stood outside in the balcony, with the crispy air blowing the hell out of my hair, while Camilla took a hot bath to relax her body. That's what she did every morning-- took a bath in the morning and at night, singing some rock music to herself.

I wanted her to return to her own room. I was beginning to get tired of her sleeping habits and her stories.

I think she was returning to her uptight self again, though she was taking baby steps.

Today she suggested that she wanted to apologize to the family for lying and wanted to clarify things. That was a big leap forward. Also she wanted to talk to Chris. That was a jump in the heavens, but I'll bet you, that isn't going to end up being pretty.

~~~~~~

Everyone stood in the living room with very hard demeanors. I felt bad for Camilla. When I did this a couples days back, I felt a little intimidated also.

"I'm sorry that I never shared that piece of information with you all. We're a family and we can trust each other and everything but," she sighed heavily and looked down upon the floor. "But I was told not to say anything by Francisco. I have nothing to do with Giovanni anymore, and when I met up with him—it wasn't to betray you all, it was to confront him."

"How do we know you're not lying?" One of the mafiosos inquired

Camilla stood there ready to answer like if she knew this question was going to be asked. But I, being the kind person, decided to intervene.

"She's been with us hasn't she? And its not like Giovanni came back to do something." I responded.

"Lana, you're kind of in no place to talk. You're still trying to prove yourself that we can trust you."

I narrowed my eyes. "Its not like I wanted to come back to earn your trust. I was actually forced. And what kind of person would I be to show my face after I've betrayed the family?" I challenged him. He glared at me.

After about a minute of glaring we gave our attention back to Camilla.

"Um. As I was saying. Yes I'm Giovanni's sister but I never thought that he would be ruthless. But what did I expect after him being raised by the devil himself. If he really did take after our dad then we do have things to fear. We were too naive before. We underestimated him." She nodded at us. Then unexpectedly, she smirked. "But so has he."

~~~~~~~~~

"It's not stupid. Look how weak we look Chris! We have done nothing and its been making us look like damn pussies. We-"

"Camilla shut the fuck up! This isn't your-"

"No I wont. I've done that for awhile now. Its time you pick yourself up now! You've brought Lana back, lets make the best out of the situation!"

I kept shifting as did everybody else. Here we were in the living room, trying our best not to ease drop on Camilla's and Chris's conversation that was going on in Chris's office.

"They're doing a terrible job at keeping the conversation in private." I added to try and lighten up the mood.

For awhile we heard nothing from either of them and then we decided that it was best to go on our own ways and wait on the news later.

I stepped out into my balcony staring at the sparkling stars. I loved how it always got dark early. It was even colder than I thought.

Unfortunately like always, I wasn't here to gaze up at the stars. I was here to think. . To think about what I was getting myself into. If I was getting myself into another war, then there was no way I was going to have a normal life outside the mafia life.

But then again, I never had a chance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Sorry it was short I'll try doing better next time. But you know time goes by fast and sometimes I forget that I even have wattpad. Smh but really ill do updates when i have the chance!

Also Ps: For the people who always comment and vote every-time, I know who you are and I'm very thankful. Also when the comments pop out on my notification bar, I'm very happy to read them. So thanks! I love you!! Byeee

Till next time!