Chapter 12: Part 2

"Your table is over here ma'm, sir." The waiter stated as he directed his arms in the direction of the table, which by the way was nicely furnished. It was covered by some red silk and a little mask design in the middle of the table.

Thank goodness we were wearing masks. That way less people notice you, but there was no use because people were taking them off to greet. But only some were, that means I could keep mine on until this horrendous night is over.

"Hey Lana are you thirsty or anything?"

"Um no, not really."

"Okay well I'll just go greet a couple of people and I'll be back." He assured me and left in the direction of an enormous crowd.

My head snapped back as I felt a hand on my bare shoulder, and sighed in relief when I saw that it was just Christian.

"Chris wants you to greet a few people." He informed me and waited patiently for me to follow him.

I almost thought that his hand was Giovanni's, but that dream was preposterous. It was a dream and I was simply turning delusional.

Chris smiled sweetly as he placed his hand on my bare shoulders and introduced me to the men that were in front of us.

"This is my cousin, also ..business partner, who is very intelligent and does great work. Gijon please meet Lana, Lana, Gijon."

I placed my hand on his palm to which he placed a light kiss then smiled. I knew that was just his mask, and I wasn't talking about the mask matching his suit, no. I was talking about his fake smile. Underneath it, he was actually dying to do something ruthful. Everyone here was, except for the innocent people of course.

"Chris has told me a lot about you." He mentions. He then talks to Chris and along other business guys, though I'm not as comfortable as I would like to be. Im getting anxiety, and I know why.

A couple more guys come and some go, still no word from Ethan though. I detach my self from the group and head to the snack bar. I grab myself a drink, then tense when I feel a hand on my lower back.

I turn around and release the air I was holding. "Ethan don't fucking scare me like that." I place my hand over my heart.

He chuckles and points his thumb to a man maybe in his thirties. "I would like you to meet a friend." He smiled and I did too.

I didn't want to talk to anyone and here he was making me meet people.

"Adam. I would like you to meet my very good friend Lana. Lana, this is Adam."

"Hello Lana. It's finally good to meet you. Ethan is always talking about you."

"Hey Ethan, come here for a minute will ya?" Another man calls for him, which leaves me talking to his friend.

Great.

"So Lana did you know that I started Ethan's career? It started with him sending me an audition tape. I liked his charisma and of course his dashing good looks would kill the movie. So you know I had to get him in my movie. And he didn't disappoint of course." He chuckled, going back to the memories of Ethan.  I never knew it was him who started it all for Ethan.

It just made me think that Ethan and I weren't really as close as we would like to be or how we were. He was always here and there and I was moving back and forth. We were both busy people now. Life wasn't going the way we thought it would.

"Oh Lana, I would like you to meet the talk of the town... Or really the talk of the country, Giovanni. Im sure you've heard of him, and his beautiful fiancé, Laurena."

I had froze. When I heard the beginning of the name I instantly knew who Adam was going to say.

Lana wake up. This is life. You got over your depression and you're happy now, well almost, but you're almost there. Who's Giovanni to ruin your life again?

Show him you care less about him and that snake of a fiancé. They were both disgusting people meant for each other.

Smile and greet. Just smile and greet.

I turn my head up and smile.

Just one minute and I already observe everything about him. He had on a black suit with a mask covering his beautiful face with his dashing green eyes piercing into my soul. I knew he wanted to know how I was feeling, the emotions that I felt for him. But I wouldn't give him that. I was done being a little play thing for him.

"Of course I have heard of them. How could I not when every time I seem to shop they are always on the front cover of every magazine. They are totally made for each other." Both snakes. "They have to be the best couple out there." I say sweetly but not too too sweet. I was smiling maybe even a smirk. And I saw as Giovanni gulped and had his eyes narrowing on me. He probably thought I was planning something. But little did he know that I was over that. Surprisingly I was. I wait until Giovanni to shake hands, then I shake Laurena's. "Really lovely meeting you."

Laurena gives me a wide smile and shakes my hand. "Oh please it's great meeting you. I can tell you're very pretty even with the mask on." She giggles. And in that moment I realize something.

The bitch didn't know I was Lana. She was so oblivious. I think she had short term memory loss.

"Well it was nice meeting you all, but there's more people to greet and meet, so I'll just excuse myself. Goodbye, have a wonderful evening." I give everyone a sincere looking smile, even Giovanni and he looks so confused.

I walk in the direction of my table and take in a couple of deep breaths. That was suffocating and awful.

Hopefully the night isn't as horrible as those five minutes I spent "enjoying" their company. I know you don't listen to my prayers God but please let me have a decent night. Amen.