Chapter 9: Im Not Perfect

I awoke with a shake and then a loud voice.

"What are you doing sleeping here? Wake up Lana."

Did I really go back to sleep?

"You have a bed you know?" Chris stood there as I rubbed my eyes. It had finally turned dark outside and it was probably 9 or something.

"I.." I yawned then continued. "I was actually waiting for you." I hesitated. He wasn't, or at least he didn't look drunk. "You didn't drink today?" I didn't mean to ask that question, it just came out.

He sighed, then took a seat, knowing that this conversation was going to last. "No, I didn't drink. Now what is it that you wanted to say to me."

I looked around to see if we were alone, and fortunately, we were.

I cleared my throat even though that didn't help me get rid of the bile in my throat. I was nervous if this was going to get out of hand. If I was going to feel his wrath when I didn't abide by his rules.

"Why did you lock your girlfriend down in the cellars? Are you an idiot, Chris. I thought you-"

He abruptly stood up and marched into the direction of the kitchen. More like cellars. I ran after him and bumped into him when he saw no one in the cellar that Camilla was suppose to be locked in.

"Where is she?" He gritted out

"Calm down. She-"

"Where is she, Lana?"

Silently, I walked up stairs and into the living room then waited for him there with my arms crossed. "First tell me, why would you lock her up?"

He stared at me, probably contemplating on whether to run in every room of this house in search of Camilla or rather to kill me, or to just tell me everything.

He decided in the latter.

"She's a betrayer. She's a rat. You should understand, right?"

"I-Chris, that's not fair." I huffed. "You always bring that up. Actually what's with you lately?" I asked, exasperated.

"What are you talking about now?" He sighed, tired that this conversation wasn't going to end anytime soon.

"I went to wake you up and I found bottles of tequila everywhere, and . . And needles." I admitted.

If he wasn't mad before, well right at this moment, it was going to be my funeral.

"Why in the fu-" he took a breath and continued, "Why did you go in my room and touched things that weren't yours? God Lana I'm using everything in me to not yell at you. You know since you're so energetic and want to pry into people's business, why don't you-"

"I'm sorry okay. You know I hate getting into people's business but I didn't go in there on purpose. I went to call you down for lunch but then I saw those things. I wish you didn't turn to those things. I thought you weren't supposed to use the substances?" I retorted.

He stared at the ceiling, then unexpectedly stood up and walked outside. I sat down and rubbed my forehead.

God maybe being a teenager wasn't that bad after all.

I should call Calum later to cheer myself up. The air here was suffocating. But maybe it was good that I came here. I could do my time here and leave so these things didn't catch up with my perfect life in Georgia. I wouldn't want my past coming unexpectedly in my future.