Chapter 28: Everything Check

Two weeks ago everything was going according to plan. Finally.

New phones. Check.

New clothes. Check.

Disguise. Check.

New house, a definite check.

I was ready to move out of that dump. I bought an okay house, nothing too flashy yet. I of course wanted one built but it was sure going to waste a lot of money at the moment. Maybe later in the long run. Right now I need somewhere else. I had the hidden house destroyed and even the dumpster one as well. I couldn't let any traces behind of the mafia.

The new house had six rooms. It had been remodeled to the way I had planned in my head; a big meeting room, big bathrooms and big bedrooms.
I still had to add my personal touch to the new house, which was heavily guarded. I needed more guys. I needed more weapons. I needed a lot more of everything.

Two weeks later had passed and everything was going according to plan. Contracts were finalized. Word on the street was that a new business was coming up. The untouchables they called themselves. The other mafia leaders were suspicious at the fact that another person was rising. But they weren't new, just a new leader was all.

The untouchables were us. We were powerful and I was happy and proud about that but I wasn't satisfied. Until I knew for a fact that Chris and Giovanni were finished I was going to be satisfied.

Until then, we were still irrelevant.

Ever since "Lana" left to an important business for awhile, Liz was handling everything just fine. Looking at the mask I was reminded of Ethan every single time. I wanted to so badly call him but I knew I couldn't. He probably still hates my soul. It was dangerous for me to converse with him. He was the only person who hadn't betrayed me. Hopefully after all this is over, I really hope we can once again become best friends. Me making tiny trips on spying on him wasn't helping the fact that I needed to move on from him. Maybe he's better off without me.

Yeah, he is, and so is everybody else.

I nod my head in agreement to my conscience. I place the mask on the styrofoam head.

"Yes what?"

I look up to Christian, confused. "What?"

"You were nodding, but to what? I didn't even ask you anything..."

I mentally slap myself. "Nothing, was just thinking."

"..okay. Well Liz, we have business matters to attend to." He looked smug. He likes that around others he  can treat me like the rest of the family and not his boss. It was fine because behind doors I could smack him to death.

"Is it the whole package not arriving yet or the call from Danny?" I asked as I applied my bold red lipstick. I do love looking dramatic nowadays.

You mean to make you like yourself more?

Nothing good ever came from that nagging second voice. It was always the opposite from positive thoughts. But I didn't mind it.

"Both." He said slowly as if I was going to explode on him. And I would have if it wasn't for the fact that I was going to see my sugar daddy Danny. He was a dick but he sure was handsome.

"Hm. Send a box of chicken heads and write them a little personal message will ya? Maybe something along the lines of  "your heads will be next if I don't get my payment by tomorrow. As for the second matter let's go to Danny's office and talk about what he needs to say to me." I grab my purse off my bed and leave the room with Christian in tow.