Chapter 18: Sick of Me

I stride to Chris's office in humph and open the doors dramatically. Chris glares at me puzzled and so do Antonio, Daniel, and Christian.

I walk up to his desk and throw the contract on it. I wait as he picks it up and glances  at me while flipping through it. I sit down and wait for his response.

"What's this?"

"Can't you read? It's the contract for Danny and us. Well you." The guys stared at me in shock, except for Chris.

"How exactly did you get him to sign it?" He asks calmly.

"Doesn't matter-"

"Wait you were that other person they were mentioning on the news, wasn't it? Whenever there was some idiots trying to black male Danny."

I shrugged. "Maybe it was and maybe it wasn't. The important thing is that-"

"Wait." He laughs. "Did you plan that whole thing? In order for him to give you his gratitude you made him sign the contract? No way that's too funny!"

"I would never, could never, do such a thing. So no I didn't plan that." I said defensively.

"I think you're underestimating yourself Lana. You're perfectly capable of doing something like that and more. You just don't know that yet. . . .You just don't know that yet."He pours himself some scotch and takes a sip.

I scoff and shake my head. "Look, that has nothing to do with this and that's preposterous. I brought you the contract, that means I get to leave sooner right?"

It was dead beat silent till Chris shook the whole room with his laugh.

It lasted for two minutes straight. Could have lasted more but I decided to break between his laugh.

"Why are you laughing Chris?" I asked frustrated.

"No."

"No what."

"Did you really think this was your ticket out the door?"

"Obviously not. Look, stop being a dick and let me leave. I can't stay here any longer. I can't risk myself anymore Chris." I finally stand up and walk back and forth trying to at least let some stem off. "Chris do you know what a pediatrician is?" I look at Chris and he gives me a -are you kidding- look.

"A person who walks in the streets?"

I look at him in disbelief. "That's a pedestrian. A pediatrician is a let's say a doctor who specializes in kids, and no parent wants a criminal working with their kids. So do you see what I am trying to say?"

"Not at all." He smiled. Asshole was doing this on purpose.

I groaned. "Criminals and pediatrics don't mix! So I'm leaving soon and that's final!" I slam my hand on his desk for more emphasis. Then I leave and slam the door.

I get him the damn contract and he does this. I should have already suspected this. 

No matter, I meant what I said, I was leaving soon.

I changed out of my dress and changed into a sheer blue button up and some white washed jeans. I grabbed my purse and headed down stairs. Grabbing the keys, I opened the door only for it to be shut again.

"What the fuck is your problem?!" I yelled at Daniel. I looked behind me and Chris was there with his hands in his pockets.

"We have work to do Lana. I nee-"

"Fuck that. I'm going out." I tried opening the door but Daniel kept slamming it shut. I've had enough of them.

I instantly took out my gun and pointed at him only for him to also point his gun at me.