Chapter 19: A warning

A/N: Soo guys this is where it gets crazy. Like really crazy. Hope you don't get a heart attack ;)

Also don't forget to comment and vote.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright. I'm giving you the place where my acquaintance's company is at. You'll just drop these files to him and that will be all."

I narrowed my eyes and hesitantly grabbed the folder from his hands. "Why can't someone else do it? More preferably one of your people?" I inquired.

"Because you're the one who signed the contract and-"

"Doing some irrelevant work isn't in the contract." I deadpanned.

"You're right but these files are important which is why this job is relevant. Are you doing it or not?" He shrugged.

I rolled my eyes. "Yes." I mumbled. With a smile he handed me a business card with big bold letters of a name I once forgotten.

I looked at him while he looked back with a puzzled look. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'll be going now."

"Don't read the files. And you deliver it yourself." He yelled once I was out the door. I felt like my mind had stopped functioning and my legs were moving on their own.

I got in the car and started making my way there.

It wasn't far but it was definitely in the heart of the city. I looked up at the building and wondered how I never heard of this or ever saw it.

I was resistant in going in. Maybe I could send Christian to deliver it for me but then again I was told to do it myself.

Damn you Danny

I mustered all the courage and strode in, in anger, or was it confidence? I was going to show him that I had became someone and I wasn't still effected by the events that took place a couple years ago.

Technically I still was, but only because karma should have gotten him back, not had given him his own business.

I strode past the lady at the desk and into the elevator. The lady kept yelling and warning me and had almost got to me if the elevator doors hadn't closed.

I was going to show him what I had become.

I was busy in my train of thoughts that I didn't even notice that I was already on the 19 floor. The elevator finally opened on the 20 floor and I walked towards the only big doors that were across from me. Just when I was getting closer the security and the lady from the desk were gaining up on me. I automatically opened the doors and stared at his light brown eyes.

"I'm sorry sir she just rushed right into the lobby and into the elevator. We'll get her right out." The lady from the lobby lowered her head as she apologized then she stood up to give me a glare. "Take her." She demanded to the security officers.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." I said in a bored tone.

The security officers still decided to grab me, and I shook my head.

"You can leave her." He said with authority.

"No sir it's fine. We got this." One of the security officers claimed.

One grabbed my arm, so I twisted it behind him and pushed him towards his partner. They fell to the floor and tried getting off of each other.

I looked towards the same brown eyes I once loved and yearned seeing, and held up the files.