Chapter 4 : His Arrival

A/N: Another chapter! :) Enjoy

"Just water please." I answered to the tall, well dressed man that was supposedly the bartender. He nodded and made a quick sharp turn towards the door.

This was my first time back in a bar. There wasn't a need for me to go, anyways.

"God this isn't a church for you to be drinking water. It's a damn bar. Loosen up." Chris shook his head in disappointment, then gave back his attention to the women that surrounded him.

I ignored him, instead I observed the dance floor that was below us.

It was the same old, same old. People were grinding against each other, the music blasting your ears off, and that one guy who was a pervert, trying so hard to get laid.

How did I know? Easy; they were always pulling the drunk girls out of the club. Their eyes held so much lust. It was disgusting, they were disgusting.

I jumped as the bartender returned with my cold glass of water. "Your water, ma'am."

"Thanks." I mumbled.

Why was I so startled, or anxious?

Oh yeah, I was surrounded by monsters.

As I placed the glass of water on the table near me, I heard a voice that I hadn't heard in two years. I spinned around faster than the word itself. I couldn't believe my ears nor eyes.

I saw him talking to Chris, nodding at everything he was saying. I couldn't bear to watch him because the guilt was eating me alive. I kept opening and closing my mouth.

I probably looked like a damn fish.

As if he could sense my eyes burning into his head, he focused in on me and only me; not the women who were barely dressed or dancing around me with other guys in business suits, he was looking at me. It turned me even more anxious and I felt as though I couldn't breathe. I wanted to throw myself out the big glass window.

But as he quickly turned his head towards me he turned his attention back to Chris. With one final nod, he strode for the exit. I wanted to go after him but my feet were glued to the floor. Plus I didn't even know what to say.

'Hey, Christian. . . Long time no see.' or should I just go with the 'How have you been?'

I knew from the coldness of his gaze that he was angry at me. And I don't blame him. I hadn't really told him that I wasn't planning to return to the mafia. Not to mention the calls that I ignored from him.

When I left New York, I was also leaving the people in it, except Ethan. He was just there for his career, and he was doing a fine damn job.

After contemplating a little more, I hastily made a run for the door, but Chris called out for me. Too bad I ignored him. The first step on the stairs was it for me, because someone had roughly pulled me back.

"Let me go. You rhino." I yelled at the big buff guy.

Hey, I hadn't really cursed someone out in a long time. I was a nice, calm person, but with this environment it was quickly going to change.

Luckily for the guy he let me go as I requested. Chris came towards me, clicking his tongue, and shaking his head.

"How about you start abiding by my rules, Lana?" he took a step closer, only arms length away. "After all I am the boss." He smiles. "By the way I don't think Christian wants to see you anytime soon. You see I put a lot of junk inside his head about you, though I don't remember much. Oh wait I know one of those things were along the lines of, "She didn't want anything to do with you anymore.""

I was furious, livid. I could tell my face and ears were burning red, and my fists were balled so hard that my nails were digging into my palms. Chris was getting to me. His ignorant and immature act was definitely triggering me.

With an inhale of air I was calm again. This was what he wanted.

Fine two can play at this game.

"God my parents would hate the new you. You're an embarrassment right now. Hey, like father like son. I guess you have an excuse." I dramatically sigh.

Maybe I hadn't cooled down.

No matter what situation I am in I never should have used those words. Those words were hurtful to me, but I guess it also did the trick to anger Chris.

Though not only anger, I saw a hint of surprise and hurt at first, but only for four seconds, then it was replaced with anger. In a flash, he was standing right in front of me with a raised arm. I didn't see it coming at all, so I flinched and waited for the punishment I deserved.

Though I kept waiting till nothing happened. I opened my eyes and slowly turned my head towards Chris, only to find Christian holding onto Chris's arm.

Chris and I were so shocked.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?!" Chris spat, his whole body shaking from anger.

"No matter what Lana did, I still remain hers. She got me out of that dump, and I owe it to her. Though I am still thankful for all you have done for me."

I was touched. Maybe Christian was the only one who matured the most.

"Exactly! I'm the one who provided for you for two years, not her!"

"That's enough Chris!" I shouted. "You're right, I guess you did take care of him, but if I'm going to be back don't fucking ever lay a finger on me. Don't do something you'll regret."

He stared at me. That was it. Then he scoffed. "You know I only raised my arm to see if you were afraid of me, or if you didn't trust me, and I guess I was right." He had hurt in his eyes, but that quickly disappeared once again. "Even though what you said to me was something I never expected you to say, I was never going to hit you." He took a couple steps back and stared at me for a few seconds then left back into the room we were just in.

I was right. I regretted those words.

While I was busy in my thoughts, I had noticed Christian frowning at me.

"I don't know whether you're the same person from two years ago, or if you're even colder, meaning that you're worse than Chris."

And with that he walked right past me.