Chapter 6: Cat Out of The Bag

I sat on the bar stool next to the island, watching the sunrise, with a cup of coffee, and ear buds in my ears.

I couldn't really sleep. I had a lot on my mind, so when I was stressed out, I listened to music.

I wouldn't say eight was late but everyone was still asleep, well except for the guards around the house and gates.

I jumped as I felt two colds hands on my shoulders. "Oh My God!"

All I heard was a dry laugh, and I knew this laugh.

Chris.

"You're such a dick." I glared at him as he took a glass and poured whiskey into it. That's all he ever did now, drink. "Why can't you drink water for a change?"

He raised his glass up to my face and with his alcoholic smelling breath, he whispered, "I'm tense-- I deserve this." He gulped the rest of his drink, then reached out for the tequila bottle again.

Though before he could get a hold of it, I immediately snatched it. "How about you go back to sleep?" I suggested, noticing how tired and drained he looked.

He gave me a chilling glare, but I was not about to back down.

"Unlike you, I was not asleep. We went to close a deal, which let me tell you, it went well. Now give me the fucking bottle lana."

I didn't want to get him even angrier than he already was, but I also couldn't let him soak his brain with toxins. So I did what any other caring person would have done.

I poured the tequila down the sink.

Chris was beside me in a flash, trying to stop me from pouring the rest of the bottle. Trying.

We were trying to get ahold of the glass bottle until he snatched it from me and pulled it with so much force that it went flying behind him.

Shards of glass went flying everywhere on the kitchen floor, the bit of liquid also.

"God lana! You know those tequila bottles cost me two-thousand, for each bottle! And those things aren't even big!" He had his eyes closed, and his jaw clenching. "How about Christian and you go shopping for a dress for the gala coming up." He was trying hard not to yell. And God, that took alot of willpower.

I had that already planned out though, about the dress. I had ordered one online. A beautiful, white, silky, yet elegant dress.

"I already have one." I replied. "And I'll clean the mess, but can you plea--"

"--I swear to God, Lana, if you tell me one more time to go to sleep, you're going to do some dirty work that you won't like. Do I make myself clear?" He asked sternly.

I knew if I kept getting him angrier, he was going to reach a boiling point and I would probably end up crying.

I knew I had turned a little weak, as in my emotions were a little bit sensitive. The old me would have been disappointed.

"I'll leave." I backed up slowly, then fully turning around, I started walking away.

"By the way, we have to talk later." He informed me.

If anything was coming from Chris, I didn't really want to hear it.

~~~~~

"I hate coming back to this, but, do you know if Giovanni actually killed a fed?" I asked Christian.

"Yup." He said uninterested. "He confirmed it when all the families had to meet. Everybody wanted his head-- saying it was now going to be difficult to do business because now the feds were going to be on our asses. . ." He paused and looked up at me from the ground. "He also threatened everyone that what happened to Fransisco will happen to them if they ever went for him--he's one cocky bastard. I jus-. ."