The First Sip

An eerie but all too familiar laugh echoed through the forest.

"Pitch..." I sneered.

*****

*Jack's POV*

"What do you want ya bloke!" Bunny shouted angrilly. Pitch only smirked when he appeared in front of us. "Where's North?!" Tooth demanded.

"Why should I tell you?" Pitch walked to a tree and disappeared but his voice was still there. "Pitch!" Bunny and I yelled. "Oh alright." Pitch then appeared in the center of us with North by his side.

His hands were tied behind his back. He had a few bruises here and there too... probably from fighting when Pitch took him moments before...

He looked at me, at the others.

"I have a little present for Jack too..." Pitch pulled out a black water bottle. "What kind of trick are you playing Pitch?" Jake spoke up with Alice by his side.

Pitch ignored him and stepped closer to me. Sloshing the contents around teasingly. I furrowed my brows. He sighed, and uncapped the bottle.

That smell...

*Jake's POV*

I was standing next to Jack as Pitch seemingly teased him. Pitch uncapped the bottle and I imediately knew what it was.

Blood.

I quickly  looked up at Jack, his pupils were dialated immensly and his lips were parted. "Blood." Pitch chimed and the others gasped. Everything seemed to have moved in slow motion.

Jack lunged at Pitch, a look of pure starvation painted on his face. Tooth, Bunny, and Sandy lunged after him. North's eyes were wide in shock and worry.

Jack had faught the bottle out of Pitch's grasp and was about to drink until- "Stop!!" I yelled which made everyone go silent and look at me. I looked directly into Jack's eyes.

"One sip." And with that he nodded and began to drink the blood in a clean and normal manor.

When he tilted his head back down and removed the mouthpiece of the water bottle from his mouth he did one thing.

Opened his blood shot eyes.