A Little Good

*Jake's P. O. V. *

Once I had finished writing the third location on my notepad I spoke quietly only for Jack and Jamie to hear. "Jack, I know something is off, and I'm still sort of a stranger, but if you have any...'feelings' or 'urges' don't hesitate to tell me." I said with a kind and warm smile, to which he slowly returned.

I glanced over at Jamie and nodded my thanks, knowing full well what had likely transpired between the two while Jack went to the 'restroom'.

I've never been one, but I know that being a vampire is not a walk in the park. Movies and shows slightly glorify it, the most accurate one in my opinion would be The Vampire Diaries.

The show does relay some struggles that vampires actually face, but they romanticise everything. There are a few other shows and movies that are somewhat accurate as well, but that doesn't matter.

I can tell Jack is struggling. Two others know it too. The question is: Is Jack going to come out of this with his humanity, or fall to the point of know return?

*Jack's P. O. V. *

Jake knew. He knew what hapoened between Jamie and I. Jamie seemed uneasy, dare I say in pain, as he read his book. I glance up at him, making a small motion to get his attention. "What's wrong?" I whispered quietly.

He shook his head, "nothing, don't worry about me." He replied just as quiet. I wouldn't let this go, he cared for me now I'll do the same. "Jamie.." I coaxed.

He glanced about for a moment and whispered a tad quieter than before, "my wrist just hurts but I'm fine." I stared on in guilt. I made his wrist hurt? Jake didn't say anything about being in pain when I drank from him.

Everyone around you always gets hurt.

I ignored the venomous voice, taunting me the more I ignored it. My mind when back to when I talked to Jake about vampire abilities. I could take other's pain away, and transfer it to myself.

I put my arm out, "let me see." I stated, to which Jamie obliged. I ever so gently took his small wrist into my hand, curling my fingers around it. I felt his curious, yet pained gaze peircing into me. I closed my eyes and focused, imaging my little brother's pain traveling through my hand and to me.

Once I had imagined it, I willed it to happen, and it did. It stung and ached but wasn't too bad, the only way to relieve some of the pain was to simply keep my forearm still. I looked up at Jamie.

He was staring at me in complete shock. I gave a small smile in return. He tried to mouth words but failed miserably, I had a difficulty stiffling a laugh, but was successful. His amazed expression faded only slightly as he mouthed a thank you and we both kept reading.

I couldn't help feeling proud of myself. Out of all this, some good did come out of it.

********************************
Hello my bootiful Snowflakes!

Another slightly short chapter but I'm happy with it. Thanks again for all of the positive feedback! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I hope to see you soom!

Stay frosty!

*Jack Frost*