Last Dance (NK/You)

(I recommend​ listening​ to "Beauty and the Beast" by Ariana Grande and John Legend..coz' why not? ❤😍)

(Your POV)

"May I have this dance?" I held my hand out straight to the beautiful girl in front of me.

"Why?" she stared up at me with confusion written on her face.

"Aren't you gonna curse me out or anything?" I shook my head no at her and smiled.

"I understand you Normani and I'm never going to be mad at you..because I-I love you." I told her sincerely causing tears to form in her eyes.

"But I hurt you y/n" she grabbed my hand and I pulled her close to mine.

"Hurt me all you want but I would still love you"

Today was the seniors ball and we're​ out here in the field while the seniors dance inside and it was just the two of us in the illuminated field, this may be last time I'm going to have this dance with her.

"I don't deserve your​ love y/n.." she cried and hid her head on my neck causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach, just feeling her hot breath on my skin causes shiver in my spine.

"I love you" making her cry even harder.

"I'm so sorry y/n..I-I can't..." she pushed herself away from me and ran to the other direction of the field, while I just stood there crying watching the girl I love disappear from my sight.

After she left I felt a tight feeling in my chest making it hard for me to breathe, is this it? My breathing got faster and suddenly felt dizzy that made it hard for me to stay balanced. My vision blurred and I felt myself falling to the ground hearing someone yelling out my name.

(Flashback)

We we're cuddling with each other in her room watching beauty and the beast and I liked it, it was the most satisfying feeling. I've always felt comfortable and warm when I have her in my arms, but I knew that feeling wouldn't last long.

"Do you still love me?" I asked Normani straight to the point which caught her off guard.

I knew she fell out of love with me a month ago, sadly I have to find it out in a hard way. There were signs along the way but I chose to ignore it instead. Normani paused the movie.

She glanced at me with guilt in her eyes, I wasn't mad at her.

I don't know why but I couldn't​ find it in myself to be mad at her, I love her too much. But maybe that love wasn't just enough.

"Don't​ lie to me normani I saw the way you stare at her..it's okay" her eyes widened with tears flowing her beautiful face, I wiped it with my thumb smiling sympathetically at her.

How can I be so calm in this kind of situation? Maybe I was expecting it?

"Believe me I tried not to" she cried making me cry too. I pulled her into a hug knowing that she's going to be in better hands.

"Dinah's going to love you so much I know she would..if not I will not hesitate to give her a taste of her poly beat down!" I joked making her giggle she wiped her tears along with mine.

Believe me I know because I told her to take care of Mani when I'm gone, also Dinah was the one who told me that she fell in love with Normani.

"I don't deserve you.." she said making me frown.

"Always know I love you okay?" I stood up from her bed leaving a kiss on her forehead and then I left.

(Present)

(Normani's POV)

"Y/N!!" I ran to her when she fell to the ground.

When I left y/n I got a call from Dinah and she told me all about y/n's condition, she had third stage cancer and that she stopped taking chemotherapy because she wanted to live normally and spend her last days with me.

She knew what was coming. And I was blind to it. I even hurt her.

"Y/N please stay with me!" I put her head on my lap feeling her cold skin brush mine.

"Mani!" I heard Dinah calling for me, when she saw me cradling an unconscious y/n in my arms she ran as if she wasn't wearing a long ass dress and heels.

"Dinah y/n..she's..." I cried holding my former lover's cold hand.

"Don't worry I already called the ambulance​ they're on their way here" she pulled me in a hug and I pressed a kiss on y/n's forehead, then I heard the sirens of the ambulance and dinah telling me to stay here with y/n.

"I love you too" I told y/n and let the paramedics take her.

I will never forget our last dance.