Last Dance II (NK/You)

I will never forget our last dance..

(Present Day)

"But Nana what happened to the princess?" asked the small girl.

Then I motioned the small girl to come sit on my lap, she looked at me with curiosity in her eyes.

"It's past your bedtime​ darling..Grandma will finish the story to you tomorrow okay?" I smiled when she released a tired yawn and started rubbing her eyes.

"Oh okay..good night Nana."

Just as the small girl in my arms was about to fall asleep, her mother who looks exactly like me when I was young came into the room with a grateful smile.

"Thank you for taking care of y/n mom." she says then takes the now asleep girl in my arms.

"It's my pleasure honey she's my granddaughter too." I said then placed a gentle kiss on her temple. It was her idea of naming her daughter after y/n, because of how she admires her in my stories when she was like her daughter's age.

"Still telling those stories about her?" She adds and I sighed looking out of the window of my room.

"She was still a part of me and I'm ever so thankful for dinah for not taking it away.." it was now her turn to sigh, I closed my eyes and felt her footsteps get closer to mine.

Naomi placed a kiss on my head making me smile. Dinah and I got married not after what happened because I had a lot of fixing to do, but then 2 years after our marriage we decided to have a baby, but since we were both females we had to find a sperm donor. Gladly Dinah's cousin agreed to be the donor, and then our beautiful daughter was born.

And to tell you the truth I was not really myself during those times ever since I lost y/n completely. And dinah..she tried putting me back together and I appreciated it more when we got married. Then Naomi came and I finally tried to live again.

"Don't forget to take your medicine mom..good night I love you." I responded back with an "I love you too" and before she could walk away I grabbed a hold of her wrist, soothing my thumb over it.

"Naomi..If I couldn't finish telling y/n the story tomorrow- will you do it for me?" she was taken aback by the question clearly confused but when she understand what I meant I saw it in her eyes. Tears.

She nodded holding back her tears since she doesn't want her sleeping daughter to wake up in her arms, I thanked her before she left and then I leaned back on my rocking chair turning up the stereo near me.

And just then..our song came up.

I sat there reminiscing the times where she would sing it to me, and we would occasionally dance to it. This song played on our last dance.

I cried silently listening to it.

Dinah made me feel loved and I loved her back too. But sometimes I felt​ like that something in there is missing..

Then I closed my eyes to see what was missing. What I was missing..

Her.

(Listen to Happier by Ed Sheeran in the background)

"Mani.."

Peck.

"Mani baby.."

Peck.

"Mani boo wake up.."

I opened my eyes to the voice and I saw her.

"Y-y/n..?" she smiled at me placing a sweet kiss on my forehead.

"I see nothing has changed since I last saw you..you're still beautiful." I had my head on her lap and I was staring up at her.

"What​-what are you doing here?" I asked her confusedly and I sat up straight to look at her features.

Just like the y/n I once remembered. She's still the same. She was always so simple but can make the simplest things look great.

"Come with me I wanna show you something" she held her hand to me and helped me to stand up.

I looked down at her hand that's so tempting to touch to know if I was dreaming or not, but when I touched it..I felt it. She's alive and well. And the feeling, it warms me up.

"Where are you taking me?" she gave me her infamous smirk and wiggled her eyebrows.

"You'll see" I chuckled at y/n's attempt of surprising me, she used to do this back then too. But she always ends up telling me. I pouted while giving her puppy dog eyes. I know she couldn't resist this.

Y/n laughed and shook her head still keeping her mouth shut.

"Oh so you're immune now eh?" she looked back at me then shrugged​.

"Maybe..maybe not."

We walked hand in hand to our destination with smiles in our faces, and everything feels so good to be real.

If this is a dream I don't wanna wake up.

"You're so beautiful Normani" y/n suddenly speaks up then I looked at her and saw tears in her eyes.

"Y/n? Why are you crying?" I placed my hand on her face and she leaned on it.

"I can't take you away..."

I stared at her with confusion written on my face and she gave me a sad smile. She held my shoulders making face to my back, and I saw them..

I am sitting lifeless and old on my rocking chair facing the window. My daughter Naomi kept on crying holding her now awake daughter in her arms along with her husband Val.

"I'm dead now am I?" y/n nodded her head looking down on the ground, I held her chin and noticed my hand don't look old and wrinkly anymore.

I was finally​ young and alive with her again. And I'm never gonna repeat my mistake again.

"Take me with you."

"But they still need you" I looked back to my family one last time and decided that they're going to be alright without me.

"It's your​ time to be happy now Y/N..you made me happy and I took it for granted and even hurt you till the end. Enough of your sacrifices for me Y/N! because it's time that I will sacrifice for you. Please be selfish for once in your life! Be selfish for you..for me..for us."

We're​ both crying now and neither speaking.

"It's time for you to be happy.." I let out a smile and held her hand to mine.

"I love you" she smiled inching closer to my face. I finally said it. I love her, I still do.

"I love you too and you don't know how long I waited for you Normani.."

"Belive me y/n I know" we kissed and it felt so magical, then we both disappeared in thin air.

(UPDATE: 08/05/20)

If I'm going to rank the one shots that I wrote that made me cry my eyes out this story would be on the Top 1 list.