v| Dubitant

"You took me back in time to when I was unbroken
Now you're all I want."

quinque

quinque.

Dubitant

pause in indecision before saying or doing something.

════════

"LISE, YOU AWAKE?" I HEARD A SOFT WHISPER AS A HAND LANDED ON MY ARM.

My eyes slowly opened as I yawned, running my hand through my hair. A blanket had been thrown on me and there was a pillow beneath my head.

"I'm awake," I responded quietly, sitting up on the sofa. Fantastic Beasts was still playing suggesting that I hadn't fallen asleep for long, but it wasn't Chase who woke me up like I thought. "Tyler?" I questioned, still half asleep.

"Hey kiddo, tired?" He asked as I sent him a small smile.

Tyler was Chase's older brother. He was 3 years older than Chase, being 21 and was a full time university student along with a part time worker in order to help the family. He studied accounting at London School of Economics and also worked at TK Maxx. Despite his loan, he was already working in order to help Chase and Ashley. Tyler worked five days a week, often finishing around midnight - unless of course he worked overtime, ending around 1 instead.

"I did you a favour, although you might not see it as a favour." Tyler took a seat beside me, a small bag in his hand as I looked at him in confusion. "Because your house is so close to my workplace, and because I assumed you would be exhausted, I asked your mum to pack you an overnight bag to stay here instead."

"My school books for tomorrow?" I asked.

"I am one step ahead of you, I asked Chase what lessons you had and asked your mum to give the folders and textbooks. If you still want to be dropped off, that could always be arranged?" He looked at me, creasing his eyebrows as a concerned expression was sent my way. I couldn't help but notice how similar the Parker brothers were.

I shook my head, sending him a small and grateful smile. "It's scary how well you know me Tyler."

"Anything for my little brother's girlfriend," he smirked.

I glared at him, "I'm not his girlfriend Tyler," I denied.

"Right." Tyler remained completely unconvinced, although clearly that hadn't changed in the past ten years when he first brought up the girlfriend thing. "Anyway, Chase is upstairs if you want to kick him out of his bedroom and sleep in there instead."