ix| Iracundiam provocans est

"When did our heartbeats beating too fast stop meaning it was worth the while?"

novem.

iracundiam provocans est

the action or process of resisting authority, control, or convention.

════════

"BEFORE WE GO, I WANNA TALK TO ANNALISE, EXCHANGE NUMBERS AND STUFF," OLIVIA EXPLAINED TO THE BOYS WHO WERE LEANING AGAINST THE CAR DOOR, LOOKING MORE ALIKE THAN EVER.

I raised an eyebrow at her because her intentions were not just to exchange numbers, especially because she could have taken it from Tyler.

"I think that's a great idea. I have some catching up to do with my little brother before he goes inside," Tyler smiled innocently, placing his hand on Chase's shoulder. Chase looked at him for a moment before his shoulders slumped and he rolled his eyes.

"Perfect, we won't take long," Olivia smiled before looking at me. I nodded and walked away from the boys with her.

She handed me her phone and I handed her mine as I placed my name and number in her phone.

"It was really nice meeting you," she began. "Tyler kept saying that the two of us are alike but I never believed him until I actually met you."

I laughed, "well Tyler doesn't lie. One of his many qualities."

She smiled, "I'm aware. Chase is great too, they're both good people."

"They are," I agreed, "the best people. I was practically raised along side them and I've always looked at Tyler as a brother. He's always been there for me."

"Am I allowed to ask what's happening between you and Chase?" She asked. As she did so, she used the hairband on her wrist to tie up her long blonde hair.

"You can ask, although I'm not sure how to answer," I laughed nervously.

"Well, earlier this evening you guys said you were just friends. Quite literally stressing the word just. That obviously wasn't the case by the end of the night. What happened in between?"

"I don't even think the question is just what happened during the date. It's what happened beforehand? Or what's been happening for years now?" I sighed.

Olivia raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know," I exhaled. "Chase had been increasingly nice to me after I broke up with my ex, Nate, the first time and I just thought it was because he was Nate's best friend. But we had so much fun on the date and it felt right."