xxxii| Capti

"People like you make people like me so fucking nervous, but I'm calm on the surface."

triginta duo

triginta duo.

capti

Held tightly by someone so that you cannot be freed.

════════

"HEY TYLER," I SAID, PICKING UP MY PHONE WITH MY LEFT HAND AS I HELD UP MY TOWEL WITH MY RIGHT.

"Hey Lise, what are you doing?" He asked, his voice hyperactive, clearly excited about something.

"Well I just got out of the shower, so I plan to get changed and then dry my hair," I explained to him, taking a seat on my bed.

"Gross, I didn't need to know that," he muttered.

"That I shower?" I laughed at him.

"Okay we're changing subjects," he announced as I laughed a bit harder. "Do you have plans for the rest of the weekend?"

I bit my lip, "I have an interview on Monday for a summer internship with The Guardian, but other than that, not really."

"Okay, good. You're coming away with us over the weekend," he decided.

"Tyler," I began sternly. "Who is us?"

"Me and Olivia," he trailed off.

"Tyler," I repeated, my voice serious as I anxiously awaited his response.

"And Chase," he confessed, his voice much quieter this time when he spoke.

"Tyler, you know I can't," I said to him. No matter how much I actually wanted to go, I know I couldn't be around Chase at the moment. Even if it had been almost three months since Chase and I broke up, it was too painful to be around him. Going to the same sixth form was hard enough as it is and going on an actual trip with him would be too painful to deal with.

"You can, you just won't," he disagreed with me, his voice sobering slightly to a serious tone.

"They feel like the same thing right now," I admitted, watching the water drip from the ends of my hair onto the bed.

"But they're not. Every time you break up with Chase you distance yourself from me and Liv, and I know it's hard to balance us whilst avoiding him but you're family Lise, we miss you."

"I miss you too," I said quietly. "I just can't be around him without feeling all the emotions come back at once."

"Why is that such a bad thing?" He asked solemnly.

"Because," I began, not really knowing how to answer him. "Because it won't work between us. We've tried twice and both times it's failed. Both times I end up feeling like this and I'm tired of having my heart broken."