xi| Et deinceps

"When I think of you my mind goes wild."

undecim

undecim.

et deinceps

(of a journey) continuing or moving forward

════════

Three months later...

"SO YOU HAVEN'T SPOKEN TO HIM IN THREE MONTHS?" ANASTASIA ASKED IN DISBELIEF AS I ROLLED MY EYES.

"Two and a half, to be precise," I corrected as the two of us walked to the sixth form study room to do our independent study. "I have spoken to him, it's just awkward. We were never actually friends before-"

"You were best friends," she interrupted.

"In primary school! In primary school you and I hated each other; shit changes," I explained.

"Okay so you haven't spoken because you were never friends," she repeated, urging me to continue telling the story as I nodded.

"We were never actually friends. The only reason we even spoke was because of Nate. And we almost jumped into a relationship so now we don't know a middle ground," I justified. "Plus, I've been so busy, preparing for mocks and all."

"You guys are so strange. Obviously you miss each other so talk to each other!" She explained.

"And say what?!" I exclaimed quietly as we passed two teachers. We smiled innocently and they smiled back before walking past us. "Hi, I miss you? Let's resume our awkward medium in which we spend hours contemplating on whether to hate each other or make out?" I asked sarcastically as she emitted a small laugh.

"Sounds perfect to me," she shrugged as I rolled my eyes.

"Anything that consists of us communicating sounds perfect to you," I uttered as she nodded.

"Because you're happy when you talk to him," she emphasised.

"I didn't speak to him for the past couple of years. Was I not happy then?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Your definition of happiness is relative," she commented as we arrived in front of the study room door. "Plus you were with Nate, so you were happy then."

"But the whole point of the break up is to be happy without Nate or Chase. So I need to find another way of being happy." I explained.