Epilogus

"We'll get through this, we'll get past this; I'm a girl with a whole lot of baggage."

epilogus

epilogus

A section or speech at the end of a book or play that serves as a comment on or a conclusion to what has happened.

════════

Chase's P.O.V

Four years later...

"Two black Americanos for Chase and Tyler," the barista called out, dropping our cups onto the counter as we watched him retreat straight into the back.

Tyler and I wordlessly walked towards the counter, picking up our cups and looking around for an empty seat for us to sit in. It was very hipster of us, but we managed to locate two empty bean bag chairs in the corner of the coffee shop; not the only empty seats, but the only ones that weren't in the direct centre of the shop, or by the windows where we could be easily spotted by anybody we knew. We didn't come back to this part of London often, but when we did, we bumped into someone we knew without fail.

"How wonderfully contemporary of us," Tyler commented, taking a seat on the bright yellow bean bag, trying to balance his coffee cup in his hands. With nothing else. Only Tyler was capable of using both hands to hold a cup and still run the risk of dropping it all over himself.

I took a seat and thought about how easy this would have been for Lise. She would just tuck her legs in underneath herself, or maybe crossed legged. She's so short the bean bag wouldn't have even been that hard to sit in or get out of. I sat awkwardly, making sure to place my coffee on the floor before I took a seat, so I wasn't as clumsy as Tyler who was now trying to remove a coffee stain from his tie. "You're in your mid-twenties, stop acting like you're out of touch with the youth," I scoffed.

"If you just said youthsmaybe you're the out-of-touch one in this coffee shop," Tyler retorted, taking a sip of his coffee and almost dropping it on himself when he realised it was too hot to drink.

I watched the spectacle that was my older brother and shook my head, "I can't believe the universe let you father a child," I muttered.

"I feel like I should be offended by that, but I'm going to take the highway and ignore you," he responded confidently, placing his coffee cup down.

"It's the high road, dumbass," I corrected him. "How's Olivia?"

Tyler shrugged, "redecorating the house, again. She likes to keep busy now that Izzy's in nursery full-time, and so we've had our room painted three times in the past month."

"Sounds exactly like Liv. And what about you, how are you?" I asked him, sincerely which was definitely a shift in tone in our brotherly relationship.