18. Fatherly Figure

"Can you do me a favour," she asked and he nodded. Natalie wipped her tears and sniffed one more time before looking him straight in the eye. The sheriff reached out for her hand and rubbed it slowly, trying to comfort her.

"I need you to look out for her after I'm gone," she sniffed. They both looked at Lydia and Stiles in the kitchen, washing the dishes. "You're all she has. You've all been there for her when I wasn't. Her life will probably be better without me in it anyways..."

-"What? Don't say that, Natalie. She loves you... you know that right?"

Natalie chuckled and looked back at her daughter and Stiles splashing water at each other with smiles and laughs. Lydia turned around and took some of the soap bubbles from the sink and splashed it on Stiles' head. He gasped and she covered her mouth still laughing. He mumbled a 'you shouldn't have done that' before attacking her. He took the same amount of soap that she took and tried to splash it at her but she kept rejecting. Lastly, he spun her around until both of her hands were resting on his chest. They were both gasping for air and they got closer for each breath they inhaled. Then they pulled each other in for a kiss. As it was all perfect, Stiles ruined it. He splashed the soap that still remained in his hand on her head. She gasped and they chased each other.

"I know and I will always be there. And I also know that she's loved by many other of her friends."

"Just promise me that you'll look out for my daughter," she cried.

The sheriff nodded and gave Natalie a hug. "I promise."

~♡~

"Lydia!" Stiles yelled through the woods. "Lydia!" He kept running and fell a few times, but he couldn't feel the pain in that moment cause all he thought about was to get to Lydia. The sun was about to set and he knew that it would be impossible to find her in the dark. So he kept running.

'Idiot' he thought about himself. 'She's at the freaking cliff' so he ran the other way. And there she was.

Her hair flew back and showed her perfect but broken face.

"Lydia!" Stiles shouted and ran over to her. Before he got to explain himself, she turned around and gave him a really tight hug. He was surprised at first but hugged her back. They parted and cupped each other's really cold cheeks. Tears fell as they apologised for their mistakes. He then decided to tell her.

"L-lydia," he cried. She smiled at how much he was in love with her. "I wanna tell you something I've been meaning to tell you for a while now," he sniffed and she dried his tears with her thumb. He was so adorable that she pressed her lips hard against his cheek. She pulled away and he kept talking.

-"And you don't have to say it back if you don't feel the same," he sniffed.

She cried, knowing what he was about to tell her.

"I've never felt this way about anyone before," his voice got high and light as he cried more. He held it back and looked at her again.

"I- I lo-"

Her phone called.

No, not today!

"I'm getting tired of this stupid phone!" She yelled and pulled her phone out of her pocket and threw it down the cliff. Not even one minute passes by before someone also called him. It was his father.