20. Sick - Prom Pt: 1

- Your illness doesn't define you. Your strength and courage does.

A quiet moan was heard from the right side of the bed that made Lydia turn around. She couldn't see Stiles cause his bare back was facing her, so she shaked his arm a little. When she put her hand on his arm, it was really warm. He was sweating badly. He let out a louder moan that made Lydia more concerned.

"Stiles," she whispered him in the ear.
He didn't respond, so she removed the covers slightly to turn him the other way around. When she saw his red face, she put her hand on his forehead to check his temperature. He was extremely warm and not only was his face all red and sweaty, but also the rest of his body. She noticed that he was in a lot of pain each second he would let out groans and moans. She quickly got out of his bed and opened her sidedrawer to find a thermometer. She turned around to find the half awake Stiles removing the covers completely and the next moment wrapping the covers around himself again.

"No, no, no," she jumped on the bed again. "Baby don't tell me you've got a fever," She stroked some of his hair back and kept stroking his forehead. She put the thermometer in his mouth carefully and sighed at the result. He then surprised her when he suddenly coughed, making her consider the fever again. "And the flu."

"Stiles," she whispered again. "Baby?" She sighed. He kept groaning and stroking his own head. She then got out of bed and took on her rope. She took the car keys and walked directly towards the door... until she heard her name being called.

"Lydia," he quietly whispered. She rushed back and stroked his hair back as he suffered in pain. She couldn't figure out how the flu hit him that bad and it made her a bit scared. "Lydia, my head hurts," He struggled saying as his half closed eyes kept getting heavy. "And... and," He held around his throat. She then moved closer to him and held his hand while her other was still stroking his forehead.

"Baby, is your throat sore?" She asked.

He nodded slightly and she sighed before kissing his knuckles and standing up. "I'll be right back, I'm just going to the store real quick, okay?" She cupped both of his cheeks and as she was going on for a kiss, he stopped her. "Baby I might be really sick... I don't want to infect you." She sighed and stepped slightly back.

"You're right. If I get sick too, I'm not going to be able to take care of you," she said.

They share quick glances and Lydia covers him with the blanket but only up to his stomach so that he wouldn't sweat or freeze. "I'll be back," she kissed his cheek, leaving him with a smile on his face. The smile wasn't framed long cause eventually, slept again.

Lydia rushed down stairs, ignoring both the sheriff and Allison. She just walked fast towards the front door but the sheriff and Allison found it weird so of course, they stopped her.

"Lydia, Where are you going... wearing pyjamas?" Allison asked.

Lydia tried to talk but was speechless and out of breath, running down stairs. "Stiles he..." She tried to breathe. "He's got the flu and I..." She had both of her hands on her hips. "I've got to go to the store real quick so bye," she rushed towards the door again.

Allison and the sheriff exchange serious glances before looking at Lydia again. "Wait!"

Lydia turned around with a quiet groan. For the love of god! My baby needs me!

"Did you say the flu?" The sheriff askes.

"Yes, his temperature is really high too, so if you don't mind me going," she pointed at the door.