Let me help you

A Kanan and Ezra short for AliceAndMusic who wanted a father and son bonding story.

"Phew! I thought they were going to get us for sure!" Sabine gasped for air.
"Nah. Even if we gave them twenty seconds to catch up they would be miles behind!" Zeb grinned panting too.
The Ghost crew had just been on a wild OP to get some cargo. They had managed to grab it but tons of Stormtroopers were waiting for them.
They were fortunate to get away unscathed.
"Right, well, I'm starving. Anyone else wanting a bite to eat?" Sabine offered.
Zeb took it immediately.
"Ezra? How bout you?"
The teen was looking round the Ghost's entry hall with confusion.
"Where's Kanan? I swear he was here a few seconds ago" he said.
"He probably went to talk to Hera kid, don't​ worry about him" Zeb told Ezra.
"Sometimes I think that's all I do" Ezra sighed before following his two 'siblings' to the kitchen.
As they were going through the lounge, he felt a spike of pain.
He swung round in the direction of the cabins.
"Kid? You coming?" Sabine called.
"No. You two go" Ezra replied as he felt the sharp pain for a second time.
He went down the hall to where all the cabins were.
As he passed Kanan's room, he felt the quick flash of pain again.
He backed up to his Master's door and knocked twice.
"Kanan? You in there? Can I come in?" He called.
There was no reply. But no answer or not, Ezra was going in. If his Master was in pain, he was going to do so something about it.
He opened the door and stared.
Kanan was sitting on his bed with his shirt in his lap, and his amour beside him. He had the Med-kit in front of him and he was dabbing a piece of cotton wool on a open wound in his shoulder.
Hearing the door open, Kanan looked over in surprise, then glared.
"Haven't you ever heard of knocking?" He growled.
But Ezra wasn't focusing on that, he was staring at Kanan's injury.
The man had lowered the cotton when the door had opened. Now​ it revealed a bleeding wound on his left shoulder blade.
"When did that happen?" Ezra asked.
"On the run back to the ship. It's fine Ezra" Kanan told him.
"Looks downright painful to me" Ezra did coming over to inspect the injury.
"Kid, I've got this under control, you can..."
Kanan broke off his sentence when he saw Ezra take the cotton wool out of his hand and attending to the wound.
"Ezra, I'm fine, I can handle it" Kanan tried to argue, trying to push the kids hand back only to wince in pain and have his shoulder bleed.
"Keep still Master, or you'll hurt yourself more. You've always done this for me, why can't I return the favour?" Ezra asked returning to his work.
Kanan sighed, knowing there was no point arguing.
Ezra was a bad combination of him and Hera. Put into one word, Ezra would be: stubborn.
The boy threw the now, bloody wool over his shoulder, across the room, and straight into the trash can.
He got a bacta patch from the Med-kit and placed it over Kanan's injury.
"There we go" he smiled as Kanan pulled his shirt back on.
"All better."
"Still gonna take a while to heal kid. But thanks all the same. Hey, how did you know all that medic stuff?" Kanan asked.
Ezra shrugged.
"My parents" he replied.
Kanan picked up his armour and stared at it, wondering how in the outer rim he was going to get it on again.
"Here, let me" Ezra said taking it from Kanan and strapping it onto his Master.
Kanan watched with surprise as Ezra clicked it together with ease and stood back to admire his work.
"Done" he reported putting away the Med-kit.
"Thanks again kid. You hungry?" Kanan asked.
"I'm hungry enough to eat the entire kitchen" Ezra replied with a grin.
"Try that, and Her would give you a right talking to" Kanan laughed and​ followed his Padawan out of his cabin.

Suggestions are always welcome!

Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐲