Not your fault

This part is dedicated to Offic_Ahsoka_Tano
The art above is from Meldy-Arts

"This is all my fault. If I had been paying more attention than Ezra wouldn't be in the hands of the Empire right now!" Sabine cried as she paced the common room of the Ghost.

"I was too distracted and this is the price I have to pay! I can't believe myself!"

"Sabine."

A hand rested on the Mandalorin's shoulder making the girl look round. Hera gazed at Sabine with a firm, yet gentle gaze.

"Calm down. This isn't your fault alright? I've just contacted Senator Mon Mothama and we're going to bust Ezra out now."

Sabine swallowed before nodding.

"Alright."

Sabine and Ezra had been on a mission to collect some intel when things turned bad. The two were separated when a bomb went off and Sabine saw some Stormtroopers drag his unconscious form into a ship. The Mandalorin couldn't do a thing to prevent it and was forced to watch the ship take off and disappear into the clouds. She'd managed to escape by the skin of her teeth but blamed herself for Ezra's capture.

The Ghost flew towards a Star Destroyer. Hera piloted the ship into the docking bay and dropped the ramp. 

"Alright, make this quick and make it successful. I don't know how long we'll be here for" Hera said into the com.

"Understood Hera" Kanan said.

The Jedi, Sabine, and Zeb ran from the ship and into the halls of the Star Destroyer. A couple of Stormtroopers appeared but Sabine shot all of them before they had a chance to raise their blasters.

"She's scary today" Zeb remarked.

"Don't mess with Sabine's family" Kanan told the Lasat.
They entered the detention level and Sabine disarmed a Stormtrooper guarding a cell. Grabbing him by the helmet, she brought the Imperial to his knees.

"Where is Ezra?" Sabine snarled. 

"W-Who?" The trooper asked.

"Ezra Bridger. He's a Jedi with blue eyes and a green lightsaber."

"W-What?"

"EZRA BRIDGER YOU KRIFFING IMPERIAL DO YOU KNOW WHERE HE IS?!" Sabine thundered.

The trooper pointed a shaking hand toward the hallway.

"T-Third corrider on the left" he stuttered.

Sabine suddenly smiled sweetly.

"Thank you" she said before punching him around the head.

"Was that necessary?" Zeb asked as the Imperial collasped out cold.

"Do you want to be next?" Sabine glared before running down the hall.

"I don't think I've ever seen her like this" Kanan remarked.

Sabine used the instructions given to her by the terrified Stormtrooper and headed towards a cell. Two troopers stood in front of it but were immediately shot dead by Sabine.

"We'll handle anything here. You go get Ezra" Kanan told the girl, knowing she would've argued if it had been a different plan.

Sabine opened the door and walked inside the cell. She gasped at what met her gaze. Ezra lay on the ground, his shirt ripped and back bloody. He had a few cuts on his face and his hands were shacked behind him. 

"Ezra" Sabine whispered stumbling over to the boy and gently lifting him into her arms.

"C'mon Ezra, please talk to me. You've gotta be alive, you've gotta be."

Sabine put a hand on Ezra's muscular chest and exhaled heavily in relief when she felt his heart beating. Hugging the boy to her Sabine paused when she felt cold liquid. Taking her hand from Ezra's back, she stared at the blood on her hand.

"Oh Ezra" she whispered, tears brimming in her eyes as she clutched the boy. 

"I'm so sorry. This is all my fault."

How they managed to get out of that Star Destroyer was a mystery to Sabine. She couldn't stop thinking about Ezra. It was her fault he was critically injured. If she'd done something during that explosion, she could've prevented this from happening.

'It should've been me who went through the Empire's torture' she thought.

'Ezra dosen't need it. He's suffered enough his entire life.'

Sabine then realised how much pain the teen had endured. He lived on the streets ever since he was seven. His parents were taken away from him and no one cared about the boy. He was known as a 'street rat' for a majority of his life, and if that wasn't bad enough, Ezra had never had freedom. He'd been born on the day the Empire took over. They stole his freedom before he could even have it. Ezra had been through so much. It was a miracle he was still with them.

Sabine paced anxiously outside the Medic-bay door. They'd arrived with the fleet a few hours before and Hera had rushed Ezra to the Medic-bay as soon as the Ghost docked with the command ship. Kanan had gone to his cabin to mediate while Zeb went to have some time to himself. Sabine was restless, she couldn't relax at all. The thought of Ezra's beaten up form kept her up. The door opened and Hers stepped through.

"He's fine" Hera promised when Sabine opened her mouth to ask.

"He's awake in fact if you want to see him." 

Sabine quickly moved past the Twe'lik and went into the Medic-bay. Ezra lay in the closest bed, dressed in a white shirt and top. He looked up as Sabine entered but didn't say anything. The Mandalorin stood beside the bed and gazed into Ezra's eyes. Finally, she cracked.

"Ezra...I'm so so so so sorry. It's my fault you were taken, my fault you were tortured, heck it's my fault you even came on that mission. I volunteered you without even thinking. In a result, you're lying in this medic bed with severe injuries and..."

Sabine never finished her sentence. A gentle hand took hold of hers making her look down. Ezra gazed up at her, a serious expression on his face.

"Shut up" he said.

"W-What?"

"Shut up and stop blaming yourself. I don't blame you for a second Sabine. What happened was not your fault and it never will be. So let it be the past and move on" he said.

"But..."

"No buts. It's not your fault."

Sabine looked at Ezra. He seemed pretty serious about what he was saying.

"You really don't blame me?" She asked.

Ezra shook his head.

"Won't now and won't ever" he said.

Sabine flung her arms around the teens neck and clung on. Ezra was quite surprised by this sudden gesture but returned it.

"You're really stubborn sometimes you know that?" Sabine whispered.

"Look who's talking" Ezra exhlaed a chuckle.