When the nightmares hit

Kanan's eyes glowed green as he pulled his lightsaber from his belt. The green spirits of the Night Sisters were behind him, cackling gleefully. Ezra was backing away from his master, bewilderment his only expression.
"Kanan" he began.
"I'm not your enemy, try to think."
But the Jedi didn't listen. He Force pushed Ezra into a rock wall and caused a sharp stone to slice a long jagged cut into Ezra's shoulder. The boy gritted his teeth and put a hand over the wound.
"I knew you're in there!" He shouted.
"I'm not losing you to those monsters!"
Kanan brought the blade down on Ezra who only just dodged it. Activating his own lightsaber, he blocked his master's next attack.
"Kanan! It's Ezra! Look what you're doing!" Ezra cried out.
Kanan swung his lightsaber upwards, taking Ezra's arm clean off. The boy screamed out in pain, collapsing to his knees.
"Now you witness true power" Kanan said, piercing Ezra's chest with the blade.

Hera woke to the sound of a yell. Sitting up, she got out of her bunk and went down the hall. Opening the Zeb and Ezra's cabin door, she looked in to see Zeb standing anxiously beside the boy's bunk. He looked over in surprise, then breathed out in relief.
"He's been like this for ages" he told Hera as she went into the room.
Ezra was whimpering in his sleep, clutching his head as tears ran down his face.
"I've tried to wake him but it doesn't make a difference."
Hera gently rubbed Ezra's shoulder making the boy shiver and curl up tighter.
"We should get Kanan" Zeb said.
"No. I've got this, but I'll need you to leave."
Zeb nodded without question and went out to the Phantom. Perhaps he'd be able to sleep in there?
Hera quickly got onto the bunk and sat beside Ezra. The boy was as scared as ever and it made Hera feel even more concerned. Heck, she felt like Ezra was her own son and seeing him so terrified made her heart ache.
She slowly pulled Ezra into her arms and rocked him. The boy whimpered and clutched her arm.
"Mum?" He said thickly.
"I'm right here Ezra, it's alright" Hera whispered, 
Ezra's eyelids fluttered and opened slowly, revealing scared blue eyes.
Then as though someone had set an electric shock of emotion inside the boy, Ezra wrapped his arms around Hera's neck and cried. 
Hera held the boy to her chest while he sobbed into her shoulder. Clutching Hera like it was the last time he'd ever see her again.
"I'm right here Ezra, just let it all go" Hera whispered.
After multiple mintues of sobbing, Ezra pulled away. There was silence between the two rebels for a while. Occasionally broken by Ezra's sniffles.
"Let's go into the common room" Hera suggested quietly and Ezra nodded his reply.

Ezra sat opposite Hera, his hand held by the Twe'lik as he stared at the table top silently. They'd been like this for over ten minutes, not a sound came out of either of them. Hera was waiting for an explanation and Ezra knew that, but he could barely say a word. His throat felt tight and mind blank.
"Kanan was possessed, taken over by the Night Sisters" he said, voice cracking.
"He battled me like there was no tomorrow, and then, then..."
Ezra gasped and put a hand over his mouth, fresh tears swarming in his eyes as he remembered the look of joy Kanan had when he cut off Ezra's limb.
"He cut off my arm, and when I was weak, he striked." Ezra swallowed, unable to control himself. He broke down completly and cried into his hand. Hera watched with pain and concern, this wasn't Ezra at all.
"Ezra, Kanan would never hurt you. You know that, right?" Hera asked.
"It's not Kanan I'm afraid of, it's those spirits" Ezra choked. "But you destroyed their source of power, they could never come back."
Hera moved round the couch and put her arms around the boy. The young Jedi clutched her, tears running down his face.
Hera held Ezra close, even if the Night Sisters did find a way to come back, she wouldn't let them hurt Ezra.

How was that?
Suggestions are appreciated.

Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐲