A bad idea

Been wanting to write this. I've saved it for a while

Mornings on the Ghost were like a routine. Everyone was up early on OP days, but on others where they were in hyperspace or just having the day off, everyone got up, one at a time. Kanan was normally the first one up, and he would get the kaff machine turned on, and pull out a fruit. Somedays, particularly when they had tons of credits and could afford more food, they would have a big breakfast. Today was not one of those days. Not to say that they didn't have credits. They had a lot actually. However, it had taken an all day mission to get them, and everyone was exhausted.
Kanan yawned and put a mug underneath the kaff machine and pressed a few buttons. Instantly, the warm drink poured into the cup. He took a sip, grabbed his fruit, and sat down. A few minutes later, the door swished open, and in walked Hera. The Ghost was on autopilot, and even if it was, Chopper didn't need sleep, so he just watched the ship all night after recharging. Hera, on the other hand, had gotten some much needed (and deserved, mind you) sleep.

"Morning" Hera said, pulling out a mug of her own before getting out a bowl and heating up some space waffles.

Sabine and Ezra were teenagers, and Zeb was...well...Zeb, so it was about an hour after Kanan and Hera finished their breakfast and were talking over kaff that Sabine emerged, her hair already combed. She made some hot cocoa and that made up her breakfast. Now usually, Ezra was up a few minutes later, and Zeb came trudging in last. Half an hour passed before Zeb came in, headed straight for the space waffles. Kanan raised and eyebrow and confused glances were exchanged at the deviation from the pattern, but nothing was said about it. Fifteen minutes passed before a messy, raven haired teenager walked in, yawning.

"Hey" Sabine greeted.

Ezra responded with a sleepy, half-hearted wave.

"Tired?" Kanan asked.

"Yuh..." Ezra slurred, sitting at the table and rested his head on it.

"You could just go back to bed" Hera suggested.

"I thought..." Ezra yawned before continuing.

"I thought I should get up..."

His voice trailed off as he fell asleep on the table. Sabine, Zeb and Hera exchanged amused glances right as Chopper entered the room. Kanan reached out, but drew his hand back slightly with hesitation. Shaking his head at himself, he shook Ezra's shoulder.

"Kid?"

Ezra awoke with a start, gave Kanan a dirty look, then placed his head back on the table. Chopper warbled, extending his taser.

"No, you may not" Hera warned.

Chopper warbled again, retracted his taser, and left the room.

Kanan shook Ezra again. Ezra moaned and shifted position.

"Ezra, do you want some kaff?"

Usually, Ezra had hot cocoa like Sabine, but it became apparent to Kanan that the kid needed the caffeine. Ezra nodded and Kanan made a mug and placed it in front of Ezra. Ezra took a sip, and his face instantly scrunched with displeasure. Hera chuckled.

"I'll get the sugar and creamer" she said.

"You mean the kaff killing tools?" Kanan teased.

"Has he even had the stuff before?" Sabine asked.

"Not while he was on this ship" Hera replied.

"First time for everything I guess" Sabine turned to Ezra.