Chapter Four // Amici

I felt sun light streaming onto my face. I slowly opened my eyes, blinking. 

I pulled the covers off of myself, and rolled out of bed. 

I had a weird dream last night. 

-

I was sitting on a swing. The sun was shining, and the birds were chirping. There was a slight breeze, and it was fairly warm. 

I looked to my right. 

There sat Johnny on his own swing. He was smiling at me as he gently kicked his legs out. 

I had a weird feeling when I looked at him. I felt butterflies and happiness in my stomach. There was something else there, but I didn't know the word for it. 

"Ponyboy?" he asked. I looked into his eyes.

They were an amber shade, and they seemed to shimmer. 

"Yes?" I replied. He started to twiddle his thumbs. 

"Has anyone ever told you.."

-

The dream cut off there. I have no clue what he was going to say, but I knew I would never find out. The dream was over. 

I walked over to my dresser. 

Today, I felt the urge to dress nicer. Yesterday, I felt self conscious with my clothing choices. I wasn't rich like any of the Soc boys, but I didn't need to dress like trash, either. 

I pulled out a white shirt, a red and black flannel, and some blue jeans. I also decided on wearing a pair of white converse. 

Before I decided to put on my clothes, I wanted to take a shower. 

I didn't want to smell. 

-

I had finally finished my shower and gotten dressed. I reached across the sink, and took some hair grease. 

Today, I only wanted my hair to be brushed back. I didn't want to look like a greasy hood. 

Slowly, I fixed my golden brown hair, brushing it out of my eyes. It felt soft since I had just washed it.

Next, I grabbed some cologne, and sprayed my wrists with it. Immediately, I fell in love with the smell.

Then, a thought hit me. 

Why was I getting so dressed up for school?

-

I knocked on Johnathan's door. Quickly, I fixed the collar of my shirt, and made sure my back pack was on my back all the way. I also ran my hand through my hair, making sure none of it was in my face. 

The door opened. 

"Buongiorno, Ponyboy!" he exclaimed. He was smiling, which made me smile back. 

I noticed that he was wearing a white shirt with a denim jacket, and a pair of black jeans that he rolled up. He was also wearing white converse, and a black beanie. On top of that, he was wearing a pair of black glasses.

I felt my heart rate increase, but I knew I had to say something.

"Morning, Johnnycakes. How was your first sleep in Tulsa?" I asked. He giggled

God, I love that giggle, I thought to myself. I couldn't get enough of it. 

"It was bene. It's so different here than it was in Italia," he stated. I nodded. 

"That's great, Jonathan. I really hope you start to like it here," I replied. He hit my arm gently. 

"Call me Johnny, baby! We're amici, we're friends!" he exclaimed. I noticed his dimples, and his glowing eyes. 

"Alright, Johnny. Well, we'd better get to school," I said. 

He took my arm and linked it with his. 

We began to walk down the street, the cars rushing past us. 

-

I was sitting in math, trying to pay attention to what the teacher was doing on the board. He was writing down various equations, and I copied them down in my notebook. 

Suddenly, my thoughts took a twist. 

I was thinking about beautiful dark eyes that had long eyelashes, and glowing tan skin that looked like caramel. On top of that, his lips looked soft and were a lovely shade of pink, which matched his blushing cheeks. 

Then, I began to think about his precise clothes. They hugged his body, flattering his form. I could see his hips sway when he walked, which were attached to his long legs. I loved the maroon sweater that he wore. It brought out his complexion and made him glow. 

Next, I began to think about his kindness. I loved his soft Italian voice, and the way he talked. I also loved the way he treated me, like I was everything to him.

Suddenly, I realized I was thinking about Johnny. 

I gasped. 

Why was I thinking about him?