Chapter Thirteen // Mi Sento Fuochi D'artificio Quando ti Bacio

I was started awake early on a Saturday morning by someone sitting on my legs. I immediately jolted awake, and looked at the heavy person sitting on me. 

Sodapop was sitting on me, while Darry sat at the edge of the bed. 

"What's going on?" I asked groggily. Soda shrugged, signalling that he didn't know, either. 

Darry cleared his throat. 

"I'm going skiing with a few of my old friends, so I won't be home for a few days," he started. I gave him a confused look. 

Sodapop jumped in. 

"..Yeah, and Steve and I are going down to Texas for a few drag races," stated Soda. I furrowed my eyebrows. 

"But that means that I'm gonna be alone!" I shouted. Darry sighed. 

"Could you maybe find a place to stay? We don't want to leave you with Two Bit or Dally," he begged. I sighed. 

"Where the hell am I supposed to stay?" I questioned, a bit annoyed. I didn't appreciate being told these things last notice. 

Sodapop immediately perked up. 

"I got an idea! How about you spend the night with Johnny?" he suggested. 

Sodapop gave me a wink. 

"That sounds like a great idea! What do you say, Pony?" exclaimed Darry. I gulped.

I had no way around the situation. 

"Sure, I'll stay with Johnny," I mumbled. Darry and Soda high fived. 

Great. You're going to spend a few days with the person you're in lov- with the person that you like. Great job, Pony. You're going to fuck up so bad, I thought to myself. 

I shoved my face into my pillow. 

-

I knocked on Johnny's door, dreading what was about to come. I was wearing a black t - shirt with a light brown leather jacket, cuffed blue jeans, and white converse. 

Even though I knew Johnny was straight and wouldn't like me, I still felt the need to try and impress him. It was pathetic, and a waste of time. 

He'll never like you, I thought to myself. 

The door opened. 

"Ponyboy! Come va?" he asked. Johnny looked like he had been thinking hard about something. 

"I'm fine, thanks. Can I ask you a favor?" I said, nervously. I felt my hands begin to sweat. 

"Of course, bambino. What is it?" he asked. I could swear that I heard his voice shake. 

He was probably thinking about what happened at the park. He probably thought that I was here to yell or beat him up.

"Could I stay here a few days?" I whispered. Johnny immediately perked up.

"Ovviemente, you can stay for as long as you like!" he exclaimed with a smile. 

I couldn't help myself, but I threw my arms around him, holding him tightly. 

"Thank you," I whispered in his ear. I could feel his breath get heavier. 

"Anything for you, tesoro."

-

I showed up at Johnny's house later on that night. I had packed a bag with a few clothes, a book, and a sketchbook with some art supplies. 

I didn't want to disturb Johnny every second of the day, so I made sure to bring some distractions. 

I didn't even get the chance to knock on the door. It just flew open right away. 

"Hello, Ponyboy! Entra," he said, moving out of the way. I did as he said, and stepped into the room. 

"How are you?" I asked him. He grinned.

"I am doing tanto better now that you're here," he stated shyly. I felt my cheeks turn pink. 

Johnny took my bag from me, and then disappeared into his room.

-

Johnny was in the kitchen, shirtless. I sat on a stool in the room, watching him. 

Johnny was only chopping onions, yet he made the task look enticing. Every few seconds, I would lick my lips. 

He looked so good. 

His hair was a mess, especially in the back, sticking up in every direction. I could see the muscles in his back move, as well as the muscles in his arms. Every now and then, he would even shake his hips. 

Let's just say that when he shook his hips, I could feel a sensation in my pants as I bit my lip. 

Johnny suddenly turned around, facing me. 

"It's going to take un po for the food to cook," he stated. I nodded, trying to hide the fact that I was looking at his butt a few seconds ago. 

It's not your fault that he has a nice, round ass, I thought to myself. 

"Do you wanna do something?" I asked, a bit confused. He immediately nodded. 

"Si!" he exclaimed, grabbing me by the wrist, dragging me out of the room. 

-

I was sitting on a chair in Johnny's living room, while he was flipping through records. Finally, he picked one out, and put it on. 

A smooth, pretty song was playing. Of course, it was in Italian. 

I saw Johnny walk over to the lights, and then dim them. 

"Johnny, what are you doing?" I asked. I saw Johnny grin.

He walked into the middle of the room, and then began to dance. 

He was practically gliding on his feet, like he was a professional dancer. I couldn't help but smile at how happy he looked. 

Suddenly, he stopped, and then walked up to me, extending his hand. 

"Would you do me the onore of dancing with me?" he offered. I felt my cheeks turn pink. 

I grabbed his hand. 

"Of course, Johnnycakes," I replied, getting up. We both smiled widely. 

Johnny put his hands on my hips, and I put my arms around his neck. 

We began to sway to the music.

-

Johnny was definitely a better dancer than I was. Every now and then, I would step on his feet. Instead of getting mad at me, he would giggle, making me blush. 

He's not supposed to have this kind of affect on you, I thought to myself. 

Suddenly, the song changed. 

It was slow and elegant. 

I looked into Johnny's eyes. 

He was staring back at me, his eyes looking like they were filled with kindness and love. They were soft. 

His eyes traveled down to my lips. 

I felt myself smile slightly. 

Our heads moved closer together. 

Before I knew it, I felt a pair of soft, plump lips kissing my own..

"..Mi sento fuochi d'artificio quando ti bacio," sung the record.