Chapter Forty Five // Epilogo

Ten Years Later...

I never knew that it was possible to be completely and utterly happy with my life. 

It had been ten years since I met my soulmate, and I wouldn't change it for the world. 

Johnny and I ended up getting married when I was twenty three, and he was twenty five. The experience was surreal, yet I wouldn't have wanted to spend my life with anyone else anyways. 

"I'm so nervous," I mumbled, looking at myself in the mirror. Two Bit shook his head. 

"You're going to do great, Ponyboy," he reassured, straightening out my tie a bit. I sighed, looking at him, and then at Sodapop, who was sitting on a chair a few feet away.

"I'm just scared that I'm making the wrong choice," I stated, looking away. Sodapop suddenly got up.

"I know my kid brother like the back of my hand," Soda began, taking his hands in mine. "You are completely and utterly in love with Johnny, and you have been since you first met. This isn't a mistake."

"Yeah, Ponyboy. Besides me, he's the perfect guy for you," winked Two Bit, before playfully slapping my ass. I couldn't help but grin.

"You guys are right. I love him, and he loves me, and we belong together," I whispered, a smile stretched across my face. 

-

"Are you ready, kid brother?" whispered Darry in my ear, before linking our arms together. 

"I'm as ready as I'll ever be," I mumbled, holding onto him tightly. 

Darry was going to take place as the father, and walk me down the isle. I couldn't be more grateful for him. He had done so much for both me and Johnny during the past few years, like taking him in and making sure we were protected from the harshness of life. 

The music started, and the crowd stood up, looking at us. The whole gang was there, plus a few other people from school. Cherry and Marcia were also attending, sitting someplace in the front row. 

Darry and I began to walk down the isle, slowly but surely. I took a deep breathe, and continued forward. 

I love him more than anything in this world, I thought to myself. It was true, yet I was still petrified. 

Finally, Darry and I got close enough to see Johnny's face.

There were tears running down his cheeks, but a wide smile was stretched across his face. He slowly wiped away his tears, before looking me in the eyes. 

I could tell that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. 

Next, Darry gave me off to Johnny, leaving me next to him while he stood on the side as a best man. 

Johnny and I briefly looked into each other's eyes, before the officiator began to speak. I wasn't paying  much attention, until he said my name. 

"Ponyboy Michael Curtis, do you have any vows prepared?" he asked me with a smile. I nodded back, before looking back at Johnny. 

"Johnny," I began. I felt my palms get sweaty. "Loving you for the past seven years has been an absolute dream. You are the love of my life, and I'm so lucky to have found you so soon. You're the missing puzzle piece in my story, and the sunshine in my heart. You never fail to make me feel loved and wanted, and you make me feel as if I'm the most important man in the world. I will never forget meeting you for the first time, and how you absolutely took my breathe away, and still do to this day. Nothing can separate us, and I'll never loose my love for you. You're my soul mate, my better half, and I feel blessed that I get to continue the rest of my life with you by my side, holding your hand. I love you, more than the universe itself."