Chapter Thirty Three // Eye Contact

A/N - I FOUND THE REVISIONS OF THE CHAPTER, SO I DIDN'T LOOSE ALL OF IT !! GOD BLESS, AND ENJOY !!

I walked straight into the house, and made a beeline for the phone. I pulled out Cherry Valance's number, desperately needing to spill my emotions to somebody.

I pulled out the number out of my pocket, looking it over.

0074 - 5681 - 3384 - Cherry, it read.

I picked up the phone, and slowly dialed the number. I could feel my hands shake in anticipation.

The phone rang.

"Hello?" asked a female voice. I took a deep breathe.

"Is this Cherry Valance?" I replied. I heard a soft giggle.

"It is. Who's this?" she asked again. I gulped.

"It's Ponyboy Curtis. You told me to call you if I wanted to talk," I stated. I heard an "ohhh" sound in the background.

"Oh, yes! Hi Pony! What's going on?" she said. I took a deep breathe.

"I don't know what to do about Johnny. He's in Italy, and I- I'll never see him again," I sniffled. There were a few seconds of silence on the other side of the line.

"Have you thought about going to Italy and bringing him back?" she asked, suddenly. I wiped away a few of my tears.

"W- what? What are you talking about?" I asked, confused.

Am I about to regret this conversation? I asked myself.

"I mean, why don't you go to Italy and bring him back? Why don't you go find him?" she questioned. I let out a sarcastic laugh.

"How the fuck am I going to get to Italy without money, Cherry?" I shot back. I clenched the phone.

"..Get a job down at the DX with your brother. I'm sure he could find you some work," she suggested.

I cringed when she mentioned Soda. I still wasn't over the fact that he had walked out when I told him about Johnny.

But then, I remembered Steve. Maybe Steve could get me a job!

I smiled a bit.

"That's a great idea! I could fly over there and bring him back.. I think he'll be eighteen in a few months too, so he'll be legal!" I exclaimed. Cherry laughed.

"Good luck, Ponyboy Curtis," she stated. I smiled.

"Thank you, for trying to fix my love life, Cherry Valance."

-

I was sitting on the couch, when Two Bit and Dally came out of the kitchen. Two Bit was holding a beer, and laughing, while Dally was smoking a cigarette.

"Hey guys, is Steve around?" I asked. They looked at each other.

"Sorry Ponerboner, he's at work!" slurred Two Bit. Dally smacked his arm.

"Don't mind him, Pone. What's going on?" questioned Dallas. I bit my lip.

"I need to talk to him.." I said, trailing off. Two Bit giggled.

"Are you trying to get into Stevie's p- pants?" he questioned. Dally smacked him in the back of the head.

"Aw, shut the fuck up! Jesus Christ! Steve ain't like that, and you know it!" yelled Dal. I widened my eyes.

Why was Dally acting so weird all of a sudden? I thought to myself.

"Wow, okay.." I stated, trailing off. Dally rolled his eyes, but still had a suspicious look on his face.