Chapter Forty // Famiglia

Johnny and I pulled away, smiles on our faces. I felt like I had waited my whole life for that one kiss. I felt like I was on fire, like we were both two sparks creating a flame. 

"I missed you so much, Johnnycakes. I wasn't sure what to do with myself after you left," I whispered in his ear. He took both of my hands in his again. 

"I missed you too, bambino. My life seemed almost inutili without you in it," he replied. I gripped onto his hands tighter.

"Come back to America with me, please! Come back to Tulsa," I begged. He looked down at the ground. 

"I do not know if I can come back, Ponyboy," he started. "I'm so sorry, my amore."

I let go of his hands, letting mine drop limp to my sides.

"Why not?" I asked in disbelief. I saw his shoulders fall. He took a deep breathe. 

"How am I supposed to get out of Italia?" he asked, sheepishly. "My padre and my madre would kill me if I went back to Oklahoma." 

"Who cares what they have to say about it!" I exclaimed. I was furious. "Your dad almost killed you last time! Do you still want to be around that?"

Johnny was silent. I could see the tears in his eyes. 

"My famiglia is the most importante thing to me in the world, whether or not they're good or bad," he mumbled. I clenched my fists.

"I can't stop you, then," I shot back. I could feel my eyes sting.

I turned around, and began walking away.

I had come all this way for this. I came all this way to be rejected and thrown out and forgotten like trash.

I couldn't believe that Johnny would pick his parents over me. When his father beat him, I was scared that he was going to be living his life on the line between life and death. My biggest fear was what they would continue doing to him. 

He didn't deserve the beatings or the screaming that he got, and he still picked them over me.

Was I not good enough for him? I asked myself.

Suddenly, I heard something. 

"Ponyboy! Wait!" I heard Johnny yell from behind me. I stopped in my tracks, but refused to turn around. 

He walked up to me, and out his hands on my shoulders, making me look at him.

"I will try and come with you, but only after my eighteenth compleanno will I leave," he started. He glanced at my lips. "You are my famiglia , Ponyboy."

I started to sob. 

"I love you so much, Johnny Cade," I blubbered. He threw his arms around me. 

"Ti amo di più."

-

Johnny and I walked back to Steve, hand in hand. When he saw us, he gave us a wide smile.

"I told you that that boy was Johnny," said Steve, winking at me. I groaned with a laugh. 

"Yeah, yeah, shut up. There's no need for you to be a cocky motherfucker," I replied. Both of them snorted. 

"Alright, alright, I'll be quiet," he started, looking at our hands. "I'm just happy that  y'all were able to find each other." 

I noticed a sad look in Steve's eyes. For some reason, I knew what was wrong. I let go of Johnny's hand, and put it on Steve's shoulder. 

"Hey, you're going to be fine," I told him. Steve looked me in the eyes. "I'm sure that Dally feels the same way as you, and misses you."

Steve gave me the smallest smile.

"You really think so?" he asked. I nodded my head in reassurance. 

"Wait, are Dally and you dating?" asked Johnny. Steve bit his lip.

"I sure hope we are."

-

The three of us were sitting on a bench, when Johnny dropped some news on us.

"I have to tell you guys something importante before I explode," started Johnny. Steve and I gulped and looked at him.

"What is it, my love?" I asked him. He glanced down. 

"When I got here, my padre started pressuring me to talk to Gina again," he started. I gulped, knowing where this was going. "He still wants me to sposare her."

"What're you going to do, Johnny?" questioned Steve. Johnny shrugged.

"I do not know, but I know that he cannot know Ponyboy is in Italia, or he will kill the both of us," he said. I sighed hard.

"We'll figure something out," I stated. Johnny gave me a small smile. 

I suddenly noticed that Steve was gone, and talking to a group of boys. They all looked like they were around his age, and they were speaking in rapid Italian.

Johnny and I exchanged glances, before walking up to him. 

"Steve, what's going on?" I asked. He glanced at us.

"Oh, these are some of my old friends," he started. "I'm gonna stay the night with them, so you can get the whole hotel room to yourself." 

I blinked when he said that, in disbelief. 

Steve handed me the keys, turning away, continuing to talk.

-

Johnny and I walked into the hotel room, locking the door behind us. We didn't want some drunk stranger stumbling in through our door.

"I'm so glad that I found you again," I said suddenly. Johnny turned a bright pink color.

"I'm contento to be yours," he replied, stepping closer to me.

I put my hands on his face, and pressed our lips together.

This kiss wasn't like any other kisses we had before. This time it was needy and hot, but bittersweet at the same time. 

I suddenly felt Johnny's hands go from my lower back down to my butt, giving it a squeeze. 

I pulled away from the kiss. 

"Are you sure that this is what you want?" I asked him. He nodded, his big eyes looking as desperate as ever.

"Si, I need this," he whispered in my ear. I smiled. 

We pressed our lips together again, as I felt the fireworks go off. 

Before I knew it, our clothes began to come off. Him and I were both shirtless, pressed against each other. 

I had to step back and look him over.

His shoulders were strong and sturdy, and his chest was kind of buff. His abs were lightly defined, and his arms looked muscular. His hair was thrown in every direction, and his eyes shone. His lips looked red and raw from our kissing, and his cheeks were bright pink.

"Do you piace what you see?" he asked, his voice low and raspy. I felt my knees get weak.

"I love what I see," I said, unable to look away.

He suddenly pushed me to the bed, getting on top of me. 

"I'll never forget this momento. I love you," he whispered in my ear.

"I love you too," I replied. He gave me a small smile.

"Are you ready to do this? I don't want to hurt you," he whispered. I nodded my head.

"I'm ready, Johnny," I started. "There's no one I trust more."

I heard him tear open a condom, rolling it onto his length. I could hear him breathing heavily.

Suddenly, Johnny was pressed up against me, and slowly pushed. 

I felt him enter me. 

"Johnny!" I moaned out. He began to thrust slowly.

..I was in for one hell of a night.