Chapter Twenty Five // Ti Amo Più di Quanto Sai

"Hi, Johnnycakes," I said with a smile. But, Johnny frowned, and began to close the door. 

I put my foot in the crack, stopping him from slamming it in my face. 

I heard him sigh. 

"What do you need, Ponyboy?" asked Johnny, shyly. I could tell that he was conflicted on whether or not he should talk to me or not. 

"Please, just let me in. I have something to say," I begged. Johnny bit his lip. 

I could tell that he was thinking hard on whether or not he should give me a chance. Finally, he reached a conclusion. 

"Fine, come in. You have five minutes."

I ran into the house, not wanting to waste any time. 

-

When I walked into the living room, I found the record player shoved in the corner. I walked to it, and pulled out a record.

It was the single "That's Amore" by Dean Martin. 

"Pony, what're you doing?" questioned Johnny from the entry way. I flashed him a slight smile. 

I pulled out a blue chair that was splattered in dry pink and white paint. 

I walked to Johnny, grabbed his hand, and took it to him. 

"Just sit down, and listen," I stated. Hesitantly, Johnny obliged. 

It's your time to tell him how you feel. Don't mess it up, I thought to myself. 

You love him. You really love him. Just remember what Steve told you to say. 

"Jonathan, ti amo con tutto il cuore. Sei così bello. Amo i tuoi occhi marroni, e il tuo bel sorriso. Mi rendi felice, mi fa vivere. Voglio tenere la tua mano, abbracciarti, baciarti e essere quello che ami con tutto," I confessed, feeling myself blush. 

(Translation - Johnny, I love you with all my heart. You are so Beautiful. I love your brown eyes, and your beautiful smile. Make me happy, make me alive. I want to hold your hand, hug, kiss and be what you love with everything.)

Johnny stood up, shocked. His mouth was slight agape.

I walked closer to him. 

"Sweetheart, sarai il mio ragazzo?" I asked, continuing my confession.

(Translate - Sweetheart, will you be my boyfriend?)

Johnny stepped closer to me, and grabbed my hands. 

Before I knew it, his soft lips were pressed against mine. 

When we pulled away, he only said a few words. 

"Ti amo più di quanto sai."

We both smiled, listening to the ending of the song in the background. 

"When you dance down the street with a cloud at your feet

You're in love
When you walk in a dream but you know you're not dreaming, signore
Scusa mi, but you see, back in old Napoli
That's amore (amore)
That's amore."  

-

I woke up a few hours later, confused as to where I was. I felt something warm pressed against me, so I turned around. 

I was greeted with a beautiful sight. 

What was I doing here? I asked myself.

Suddenly, all the memories came rushing back.

I had professed my love to Johnny. I asked him to be my boyfriend. He had said yes. 

I smiled from ear to ear, and then looked at my surroundings.

I was sleeping on Johnny's blue couch, next to him. His arms were wrapped around me, holding me closer to his chest. His eyes were closed, and his eyelashes were long against his cheeks. His lips were red and plump.

I wanted to kiss him so badly. 

I refrained, but continued to look at him. 

His hair was messy across his forehead, curling in several directions. His cheeks were also a light, rosy pink. I could tell that he was having a wonderful dream. 

I bent down, and kissed his forehead.

Suddenly, his eyes fluttered open. 

"Is it morning?" he asked groggily. I looked around, and found a clock on one of the tables. 

It read 9:39 PM. 

"No, baby. It's almost ten at night," I replied, stroking his cheek. He smiled widely. 

"I amore when you call me names," he whispered cheekily. I grinned. 

"Well, honey, I love when you speak Italian," I stated. He giggled. 

"Yeah?" he questioned, a sly look in his eyes. 

I decided to play along. 

"Yeah, I think it's hot," I said with a wink. He turned a bit red. 

"Yeah, well I love my caldo boyfriend," he teased, pulling me closer to him. 

He leaned in, so I closed my eyes. 

Instead of kissing me on the lips, he kissed my cheek. 

My eyes fluttered open. 

"You're such a tease!" I exclaimed. He laughed, and sat up. 

"Yeah, but you love me," he replied. I raised my eyebrows. 

"Or do I?" I asked. Before Johnny could say anything, I lunged towards him. 

I pushed him on his back, straddling him. 

"Oh, so you wanna play quella way?" he asked, in a seductive manner. 

I bet down, and pecked his lips. 

"Yeah, actually I do," I stated with a giggle. Johnny's eyes widened. 

"No-," he started. 

But it was too late. 

I slid my hands down his torso, and found his rib cage. 

I began to tickle him. 

"Ponyboy!" he giggled, flailing everywhere. 

In that moment, we were both laughing, and extremely in love each other. 

...I just wish that things could have stayed that way.