Chapter Twenty Eight // Urlo

Last night, I stormed into my house mortified of the events that had just occurred. 

I walked into the house, and slammed the door shut swiftly. I was coated in coca cola, and it was dripping from my clothes and hair. I could feel the sticky corn syrup on my eyelashes, making them clump together. 

I turned around. The whole gang was in the living room, and staring at me with confused eyes.

I cringed because of how they were looking at me, until someone spoke up.

"What the fuck happened?" raged Two Bit. He stood up quickly, his eye brows furrowed. Darry pulled him back down, forcing him to sit on the couch. 

"Don't," I heard Darry whisper. Two Bit glared at him, but obeyed. 

Soda got up, and walked towards me quickly. He put his hand on my shoulder, and looked me in the eyes. 

"Ponyboy, what happened?" he asked quietly. I backed away into the door. 

"It was just some Socs.." I replied, trailing off. I refused to look anybody in the eyes. I was ashamed of what happened. 

I kept replaying what they said in my head. "Faggots."

"I'm gonna beat them black and blue!" yelled Dally, suddenly. His face was bright red. I saw Two Bit nod. 

I began to shake as everyone started to talk about what to do. But, they didn't know why it happened. 

They still didn't know about Johnny. 

Before I knew it, I was running up to my room. 

I slammed the door behind me. 

-

That all happened yesterday, but I was still haunted by the memory. 

I felt somebody shaking me, trying to get my attention. 

It was Johnny. 

It was Friday night, but I was still feeling down. Currently, I was submerged under Johnny's sheets, thinking about what to do. 

Johnny gave me a concerned look.

"Ponyboy, what's wrong?" he asked quietly. I inhaled, but I looked away. I was too distressed to talk. I couldn't form my thoughts into words. 

"Bambino, come on! You can parlare to me!" stated Johnny. I could hear nervousness in his voice. I still didn't answer, but I felt anger rising inside of me.

Silence. 

"Ponyboy, I-" he started. I cut him off. 

"I don't know if I can take it anymore, Jonathan!" I started. His eyes widened. 

I didn't stop. 

"Yesterday was only a taste of what could happen to us, us faggots!" I yelled. I saw him cringe when I said the word. 

"I'm just so scared!" I screeched. I punched the headboard of the bed. 

Then, the tears were let loose. 

I looked at Johnny, and saw tears forming in his eyes too. 

I think that was the first time I saw him cry. 

"I know how it feels, being impaurito. At least we have each other though, right?" he asked. He sounded uncertain. He tried to wipe away his tears.

His cheeks were tear stained and pink, and his eyes were turning red. I noticed that he had some dark circles under his eyes, and that his lips were chapped.

I hadn't even considered what Johnny must be feeling right now.

I suddenly realized that I had to be a better man. 

"I'm sorry for yelling, Johnny," I apologized softly. He looked me in the eyes. 

"I'm scusa too, for all of this. For making your life difficult," he mumbled. I raised my eyebrows. 

"Why would you think you're making my life difficult?" I questioned. I saw him gulp. I sat up, so I could see his face better. 

"After all the stress and dolore I've cause you isn't worth it," he stated. I gasped. 

"Don't you dare think for a second that I regret being with you!" I exclaimed, taking Johnny's hands into mine. 

He gave me a small smile, so I attempted to grin back. 

I put my hand on his face, and pulled him into a deep, meaningful kiss. 

I felt the tears come from both of our eyes, but we didn't pull away. 

..We didn't pull away until we heard something. 

"What the fuck is this?" screamed the voice...