7.

I stared down at my adorable twins. Both of them had there eyes shut, there dark lashes resting on their rosy cheeks. Fast asleep in their cots they looked like little angels and all I wanted to do was wake them up. Today, they both turn one. Both of them are here a year, yet it feels like much less. I don't even know where that time went, all I know is that soon my babies will no longer be babies.

This year has been so crazy and unpredictable but I'm glad right now that Nathan is standing beside me.

"Can't we just wake them up?" Nathan asks giddily.

"No way! You don't wake sleeping babies." I told him.

"Come on. You know you want too." He said. I laughed at his goofy smile.

I looked down at Tyler and Nina who were currently cuddling each other in Tyler's cot. Suddenly Tyler's big blue eyes opened and I hit Nathan playfully.

"You woke him up!" I said picking Tyler up immediately for a cuddle.

"I did not! Happy birthday buddy!" Nathan replies smoothly out Ty's messy hair. Ty yawns sleepily and I can't take the cuteness. I don't ever want to put him down. I can't stop time but I still find myself wanting to freeze this moment as long as I can.

"Mama." He mumbles sleepily.

"Happy birthday Ty." I whisper kissing his cheek. In response he lays his head on my chest and I lightly rock him.

I turned around as I hear Nina's voice demanding attention from the crib. I hadn't noticed she was awake but I shouldn't be surprised. The two of them can practically sense when the other one isn't around.

"Happy birthday Nina!" I exclaim and before I can get near her Nathan picks her up.

"Happy birthday little princess." Nathan says attacking her with kisses and she immediately erupts in laughter. I look down at my watch, "I have to take a shower they'll be here in a few hours." I tell Nathan as he places a giddy Nina on the floor, I hand Tyler to him and Nathan gives me a very confused look.

"We have plenty of time. It's ten am, they're coming at five." Nathan obliviously replies, unbeknownst to what my family's annoying habits.

"Um yeah. You say five o'clock, that translates to 1 o'clock, or even twelve."

Nathan's eyes widen. "What? That's in two hours! Okay I think we need to save time, I'll join you in that shower." He jokes racing ahead of me to my bathroom.

"Nathan!" I laugh loudly before picking up the kids and following him. The twins laugh at being raced with unaware of the chaos that is to come soon.

Three mere hours later all of us were fully dressed and my family had started to arrive. I had decided to wear a beautiful yellow sun dress that my mom had given me while Nathan finally ditched his regular suits and decided on a plain blue shirt with some jeans. I would never complain about his suits but it was nice to see him in something so regular. It felt like he was finally comfortable, or that I was seeing another side of him. A more relaxed side. 

Nathan picked a pink dress for Nina to wear and I had decided to put Tyler in a cute polka dot shirt, one of the very few that he had.

"Do you think your parents will like me?" Nathan questions, interrupting the silence of the kitchen. Both of us had been setting up the area. There was a few balloons for Nina and Tyler to play with and a happy birthday banner. Last night I had already set up the table and planned what Nathan and I could make for everyone.

"Oh Nate," I laugh before the doorbell interrupts me.

"What? Sienna what does that mean?!" I laugh in reply realising I am semi torturing the poor guy. I hadn't given him much warning of my loud family but it will be more fun to see his reactions.