10

"Nathan?" I questioned. We were all sitting in a little diner, a few minutes away from his parents house. We hadn't talked since and I could tell he was angry.

"Hm?" He said cleaning Tyler's face as he ate.

"Who's Aiden?" I finally asked. The question had been on my mind the whole car ride.

"My brother. He- he got a girl pregnant, back in high school. Aiden knew our parents- well my mom, disapproved of them dating because she was black. He loved her and when he found out they ran away together."

"Woah," I breathed trying not to scoff at Nathan's rude mother. How can a human possibly still have these opinions in this day and age? Another thought crossed my mind and I frowned.

I didn't even know Nathan had siblings.

"Are you still in contact with him?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Haven't talked to him in about two years. I guess we just drifted apart. I had made it a point to not do exactly that but my mother wanted me focused on the company. Now that my brother had fled. Sometimes I feel like she doesn't even think of him as a son anymore."

"That's awful. But haven't you visited him since?"

"No. I know where he lives but I never made.. I guess I never made the effort."

"Nathan!"

"What?"

"He's your brother."

"And?"

"And! Your family. Come on we're leaving."

"What- where?"

"To pay a long overdue visit to your brother."

Twenty minutes later we were on the road again. Not trusting Nathan to actually drive us to his brothers house, I took the wheel and forced the directions out of him. What I know is, Aiden got married to the girl he knocked up and they had a daughter called Molly. Aiden is older than Nathan by two years and I know Nathan is twenty seven, so that would make their kid, Molly, to be about eleven years old.

"There's the house." Nathan stated and I looked up at a beautifully modern house. "Come on!" I exclaimed as I pulled up. An unmoving Nathan sat in the car staring back at me. He reluctantly un-clicked his seatbelt and followed me to the gate. "Oh god they have an intercom?" I said giving Nathan a worried glance. "It's fine." He muttered pressing it. "Who is it?" A gruff voice asked and Nathan looked taken aback. He didn't make a move to say anything so I quickly pressed the button. "It's Sienna Cortés." I said taking over. Nathan gave me a thankful look and I smiled as the intercom buzzed again. This time the gate opened and I stared quizzically ahead. "He probably would rather speak to you at the door." Nathan concluded walking through. I followed silently, looking around.

A big brown door came into view and it opened as soon as we stepped onto the porch. "Who- Nate?" A man came into view with a sickening resemblance to Nathan. He had the same brown hair except he looked like he put more time into it, Nathan never usually bothered and left it the same mess as he woke up with. He was also slightly taller, but those same electric blue eyes that Tyler and Nina inherited were staring at me now.

"Hey Aiden," Nathan grinned and his brother stepped out onto the porch.

He enveloped him into a tight hug and I chuckled lightly. "So what happened? Let me guess. You just lost your phone? Forget to call? Wasn't bothered to call?" He questioned and Nathan looked slightly guilty. "Mom wanted me to take over the business. I've been seriously busy lately opening new hotels and making different purchases. I guess contacting you was never something I could remember to do." He muttered scratching the back of his head. "It's cool. I know what that kind of work is like. Now who's this?" On that last question he looked over at me glaringly.

What the heck did I do now?

"Don't worry Aid. She's not like Francesca." Nathan said and I understood quickly.

His brother was just being overprotective.

"Well thank the lord you finally know how to pick the right ones. Aiden Anderson, and you are.."

"Sienna Cortés." I replied shaking his hand.

"And who might these angels be?" He asked looking down.

"Tyler and Nina." I said looking at the two of the sleeping babies.

"Our kids." Nathan finished.

After the confession Aiden wasn't judgemental at all and I was glad he didn't inherit that from his mom. After the congratulations and catching up, Aiden finally remembered we were all still standing outside. He invited us in and let's just say their house was seriously, nice. He told me it had been designed one hundred percent by his wife, Naomi. She was at the grocery store right now, while he minded their kids. I had met Molly who had come down to see what was going on.

She was a short, brunette haired girl, with a shy personality. She quickly started playing with her cousins after I let them crawl about in the kitchen. Soon Naomi came through the door. She was a petite woman with long black hair. She looked a lot like Molly but not shy, whatsoever. "Aiden I'm home, oh hello! I'm Naomi! I can already tell your Nathan but you I'm not too sure. Perhaps his wife! Oh no, wait. No ring. Girlfriend then! And these are you kids awh! Me and Aiden had kids. We have four. It's quite tiring you know?-"

"Darling. You're rambling." Aiden chuckled kissing Naomi lightly. "Oh! How rude. I apologise but Aiden doesn't have guests over very often." She smiled up at her husband and Nathan was the first one to break the silence. "Lovely to see you again Naomi. But I'm sorry, did you say you have four kids?" He asked and I chuckled at his astonishment.

Next we were introduced to their other kids. Evan and Thomas the nine year old twins and Riley their four year old. Riley was a cute little girl with light curly brown hair and big brown doe eyes. The boys on the other hand looked like they probably were a handful with their wild tufts of dark, almost black hair. They had the famous Anderson blue eyes unlike their sisters. They all seemed to like playing with the twins and I think Riley was glad, for once, she wasn't the youngest out of everyone.

After laughing and sharing stories of Aiden and Naomi's past, we decided to leave as it was a little bit past the twins bedtime. The ride home was a peaceful silence. As soon as we reached the house we all decided to go for an early night, as I had work in the morning.

"Thank you." Nathan said as I turned off the lights.

"For what?" I questioned facing him.

"For today." I lightly pecked him on the lips and smiled before we both slowly fell asleep in each other's arms.