15

Nathan's POV

"Nathan? Oh my gosh I am so glad your home! I cooked-" I cut her off with the harshest glare I could muster.

"Crystal. Get the fuck out of my house." I said slowly.

Her eyes widened. "Baby-"

"I don't know what is wrong in that head of yours but I don't tend to date girls who drug me. We're not together Crystal and we never will be. The engagement was called off days ago so. Get. Out." I said and she stomped her high heel of my floors. How did she even got in?

"Fine. But you'll regret this Nathan! You and your pretty little girlfriend can't play house forever!" She shrieked and exited leaving fury emitting from the walls.

I sighed staring at my apartment, never feeling so.. alone before. Before, I buried myself in work, went out to clubs and slept with women to get me over the fact that the only woman I ever loved cheated on me. Emily took a piece of me when I left her and Sienna filled whatever void that was. Now with her gone it felt like that feeling but much, much worse. I thought of her lying in bed right now without me. My two kids laying in their cots sleeping deeply. Did she feel this way too? Did she try to force herself to like me? So many questioned rounded my brain that would never be answered. Opening a bottle of whiskey I sat down on my black couch, on the top floor of the hotel drinking.

Sienna's POV

"Tyler!" I squealed as he fell on his face. Picking him up he smiled, yes smiled. I expected some sort of cries but none came. I smiled back at him chuckling at his off behaviour. He pushed off me and quickly got back up and stumbled along, trying to catch up with his sister. I was waiting on Scott and Hailey and I realised I was relying on the way too much. I could always ask my parents for money, so I could pay for a babysitter but I wanted to bring my own money in. I wanted to be independent.

I huffed irritated at the fact I needed to get a new babysitter of some sort. A thought crossed my mind that Nathan could watch them and I quickly cancelled on Hailey and Scott, thanking them. Apparently, they had sorted stuff out but Hailey wasn't telling me anything. I pressed call on Nathan's phone and I sighed after four calls and no answer.

"Hello?" A groggy voice invaded the phone and I frowned.

"Did I wake you up?" I questioned. Shit. I should've checked the time. What time is it anyway?

"No, no! Sorry why are you calling me?" He questioned and my eyes widened. This was a stupid idea. Not its not! He's the father!

"Um sorry. Can you mind Tyler and Nina today?" I questioned hope invading my mind.

"Yes of course! I'll be over in a few!" He said and then the line went dead. I quietly stared down into Tyler's eyes sighing. Let's hope nothing goes wrong this time around.

Twenty minutes later, sure enough Nathan was here. I told him he could stay here and mind them, partly because all their stuff is here and it's way more handy. He just nodded as I told him to call him if any emergencies arose. I left minutes later trying to forget Nathan's sad eyes. He walked into the house looking like he woke up minute ago. He was wearing a hoodie and basketball shorts. His hair was messy and his eyes looked bloodshot. He wasn't drunk, much to my relief but he definitely was drinking. I shook my head as I drove to the hospital. 

No more thoughts about Nathan.

As soon as I walked in I spotted Liam. I figured out he must be visiting somebody because he usually sticks around and stays late, until visiting hours are over. He spotted me too and smiled widely, sidling over. "Hey Sienna. Are you stalking me now?" He questioned his usually smirk on his face. "Actually no, I work here. What's your excuse?" I questioned and he scoffed. "I'm visiting my sister and did you just get a job here so you could see me?" He questioned wiggling his eyebrows. I rolled my eye playfully laughing and quickly wave before leaving.

When lunch came along I sat down at a cafe only to be disturbed by none other than Liam. I guess you could call it a happy disturbance because his company, is really fun to have. We talked and laughed and for a few solid minutes I forgot about everything to do with Nathan and Crystal. It was just me and Liam.

"So Sienna. Tell me three facts about you." I smiled and thought for a moment.

"I love pizza, my favourite colours green and I have two kids." His face resembled shock for a moment before he sighed.

"So that's why you keep dodging me! I'm so sorry I didn't realise you were married-"

"Hold on their Liam. Who said I was married?" I grinned as his face got more confused.

"But.. Are you a single mom?" He questioned.

I shook my head. "No. I get help from their dad. We.. our past is complicated."

"So your single?" He asked and I chuckled.

"Yes Liam, I am single."

Nathan's POV

"Stop crying Nina! My god!" I murmured staring down at my screaming daughter. I had changed, fed and even tried to lie her down for a nap but nothing. "What is it you want?" I questioned panic filling my chest. What if something was going on internally? I pressed my hand on her forehead and nearly jumped back. She was burning up. I quickly placed Tyler well away from her so he wouldn't catch it and called Sienna.

This is an emergency isn't it?

Hell yes.

I got no answer after the first try and I sighed half angry, half sad. Was this how our relationship will be like from now on? On the second time I called she answers laughter in her voice. "Hello?" She chuckled and I wanted to yell at her. "Aren't you suppose to be at work?" I questioned surprised at how cold my tone sounded. "I'm on a break Nathan." She spat back her tone matching mine. "Oh really? And I suppose your alone?" I questioned and she sighed. "God why do you care? I'm with my friend Liam. Now tell me why you called." She grounded out. Liam? Who the hell is Liam? Suddenly forgetting my stupid problems I looked down at Nina. "I think Nina has a fever." I blurted and silence met me one the other line. "Sienna? Sienna?" I questioned. "Oh my god Nathan! Why didn't you tell me I the first place instead of making chit-chat!" She gasped out and I could hear sudden noises in the background, I'm guessing she's running. "Don't you dare hand up Nathan. Tell me everything."

Twenty minutes later Sienna was rushing through the door. I think it's the first time either of them had gotten sick because she seemed more panicked than I did. I called a doctor and he was coming to check on things but he wasn't arriving fast enough. Sienna's nagging was driving me insane. "What did you feed her today?" She questioned yet again. "Sienna I told you-" I was cut off by the doorbell and sure enough the doctor stood before us. Sienna urged him in and he briefly checked on Nina. He said she did have a temperature, but nothing worse. He recommended medicine and then left, once again leaving us in silence.

When Nina finally fell asleep Sienna looked up at me. "I'm sorry about earlier." She muttered and I nodded. "It's fine. You weren't in the wrong you were just being a mom." I shrugged and she nodded. She looked up at me again and the familiar nickname 'shorty' came to mind. She really did look small compared to me. Suddenly I felt myself leaning towards her and then her lips were on mine, right where I wanted them to be. After a few antagonising moments we sped it up but were cut off by my cellphone ringing loudly.

Crystal.