8

I stared aimlessly at the clock, the atmosphere surrounding me quiet and comforting. It had just chimed at eight o clock and we were seated right back where we had been a few hours ago. Dinner was quiet as expected but when we sang happy birthday the mood changed ever so slightly. I don't think I will feel okay for a long time.

I had invited each of them to stay over and Marcus and Leo were currently fighting on where each of them should sleep. I did have enough rooms but that was only if some of them stayed together. Of course Leo and Marcus disagreed on sharing a room together even though they had bunk beds until their tenth birthday. It made a painful lump form in my throat. I didn't want to think about any childhood memories right now.

"Hey, psst earth to little dumbass." Leo interrupts sitting beside me.

I swat him like a fly right in the shoulder and he only chuckles in response. "Excuse me being two minutes younger does not warrant a 'little'." I defend myself and Leo sighs dreamily.

"Best two minutes of my whole life." He fake reminisces and this time I really do push him.

"Hey no fighting little brats." Marcus chimes appearing beside Leo. I try to hit him too but I miss and he just laughs.

"Excuse me but what is with all the 'littles' today!" I say defensively glancing back over at Nathan and my parents. Dinner was interesting. My parents- especially my dad practically interrogated Nathan. By the end of their conversation I had felt like I suddenly knew more about Nathan.

We also learned that my parents were acquaintances of Nathan's parents and I was shocked! I am eager to ask one of them what Nathan's parents are like as Nathan had been tight lipped on them but I doubt I would get a moment alone with him now. After the interrogation he has earned two new best friends - my mom and my dad. Chris is probably the most wary of him. They haven't spoken much at all and I can't help but feel like it's because Chris heard me at my lowest with Nathan and I doubt that he trusts his motives. I just hope that Chris can ease up a bit because the last thing I want is any arguments, especially on the twins birthday. They seemed to be loving the attention. Especially Marcus and Leo's.

"Tio! Tio!" Nina calls up at Marcus, pulling at his trouser leg and he immediately strokes her head.

"Well who let a munchkin into the house!?" Marcus jokes, Nina immediately giggles and Marcus takes that as his cue to hoist her up and tickle her.

"Yeah, I'm definitely the favourite uncle!" He announces as Nina laughs loudly.

"No way!" Leo suddenly stands up defending his position.

"Nina loves me more. I'm the favourite uncle." He argues swiftly stealing Nina from Marcus and swinging her in a circle. Her smile never ceases but I still keep a close eye on the two immature idiots in front of me.

"Oh sure, that's why she wanted to be picked up by her tio wasn't it?" Leo stops swinging Nina at Marcus' sentence and I laugh at the very serious argument that doesn't look like it's anywhere near finishing.

"Okay you can both quit it. I bet Nina can't even tell the difference between you two munchkins." I tease which gains a few laughs from across the room and two glares from the grown men in front of me.

"Not true. I grew my hair out so I wouldn't have to be accidentally mistaken for this fake anymore."

"Fake? I buzzed my hair off so people didn't mistaken me for the idiot beside me."

They just stared at each other as everyone else laughed. They both had dark brown hair and blue eyes making them look almost identical.

"I'm still the favourite uncle!" Leo laughed.

"You are not Leo!" Marcus called as he sprinted away.

The rest of the night was spent just like that. The kids were soon put to bed and soon we followed. "I like your family." Nathan said as I turned off the lights. I turned to him in the dark. "Thanks for being here. They definitely liked you too." I replied pecking him on the lips. "Oh I know I'm amazing." He said arrogantly. "Not really." I said pushing his buttons. "I'm greatly offended Sienna Cortés." He said faking hurt. "Okay." I shrugged turning around. He just grabbed my waist pushing us into a spooning position.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning was not like any other. Nathan had no work so he surprised me with breakfast in bed, then he fed and changed the kids not letting me do anything. I knew something was coming because guys like Nathan think bribery works for everything.

"Spit it out." I stated as Nathan walked into the bedroom.

"Hmm?" He asked although I knew he knew what I was asking about.

"What going on Nate?" I asked and he sighed sitting on the end of the bed.

"I want to tell my parents about you..." He muttered quietly. My eyes widened and I stayed silent. What does this mean for us?

"When?"

"Tonight."

"Well then help me pick out something." I said scrambling out of bed. I walked to the walk in closet and looked around.

"What?" Nathan gaped standing behind me.

"What do you mean what? What's the big deal? I mean I understand your parents must be... strict, if they're going to force their son into a marriage but I'm not bothered getting a few snide comments." I shrugged looking at summer dresses.

"Sienna you don't understand. They're gonna be shocked that I knocked up a girl and because of our company there going to think.." He trailed off and I cupped my hands in his face.

"That I'm a lying gold digger? Nathan I don't care. I want to meet your family. I would do anything to make you happy." I murmured. He smiled down at me an gave me a quick peck before pointing to my brand new blue and white summer dress.

"That one."

Hey everyone! I'm really sorry that I haven't updated in a while. I'm writing soo many other books and it's all very busy. because this chapter is quite short I will be updating within the next hour or so. Also I wanna thank anybody who bothered pressing read. This story has gained 150+ reads and you don't realise how happy that makes me feel! Also this is a really minor goal but ah well.