Partners in Ghost Busting (John X Reader)

(Y/N=your name, F/D=favorite drink)

Reader's P.O.V

I sighed as I left the college campus after a long day of classes. Homework was surprisingly light tonight so I decided to go check out a new coffee shop not far from here. Well, the place wasn't really new, it had opened three months ago but I'd always been too busy to visit. I quickly arrived at the place and looked around. It was small and not too fancy. Pretty quiet too. I walked to the cash register and looked at what was seemingly the only employee here at the moment. He looked to be a boy about my age with short and spiky black hair and blue eyes behind a pair of glasses. He smiled brightly at me. "Hello! Welcome! How may I help you today?" I looked over the menu for a moment before ordering a F/D when I saw they had it. He nodded and quickly rung my order up. I paid him before going to sit down at a table near a window. I looked out the window while I waited for my drink. The boy soon brought the drink over and I smiled at him. He smiled back. "Nice shirt by the way." He said as he left. I glanced down to see I was wearing my Ghostbusters shirt. I grinned as I watched him head back to the register. When he turned around my eye caught his name from his name tag. It read, 'John'. I sipped my F/D. It was amazing! I smiled wide knowing this would be far from the last time I came here. Sure enough, it became a habit to come to the shop after school every day. Sometimes I brought my homework and it there. John was always there. Occasionally other people would be working with him but he was alone a lot of the time. Sometimes, if the shop was empty, we would talk after he gave me my drink. We got along really well and he was really nice. Soon, I wasn't coming just for the drink but for him as well. I learned he actually went to the same college as me but we just had different schedules so we never crossed paths. His schedule also allowed him to get to work on time. About a month and a half after my first visit John gave me his pesterchum handle and we talked even more using it. I really enjoyed spending time with him. It was a ton of fun to talk with him for hours. We both especially liked talking about Ghostbusters and Nick Cage. Two months after he gave me his pesterchum he told me he wanted to tell me something during my daily visit. "Yeah John?" He took a deep breath. He seemed nervous about whatever he wanted to tell me and it made me a little nervous as well. "I really like you Y/N. Like as more than a friend. I've fallen in love with you." I was shocked and my eyes went wide as my face was painted a bright red. His face also was a bright red as I thought for a moment. Eventually, I smiled and decided on my response. "I love you too John." His eyes lit up in joy and he pulled me into a hug from across the table. I hugged back happily and smiled wide. This was the best day of both of our lives.