Chapter 1 (part 2)

And that's how we all became friends. We had rough patches along the way; like when Dante thought it was okay to date Kayla in middle school. Tory was so jealous she didn't speak to him for a week and he still didn't realize she likes him. Dante ended up learning the hard way as to what kind of witch Kayla actually is. But we found our way around that disaster because we have love for each other, some more than others. And surprisingly Tory and Finn have never fought.

"I wonder what Avery wants us at the park so early for?" Finn asked, pulling me back into reality.

"Yeah. He knows how much I love sleep! Almost as much as I love food and oxygen." I said, yawning.

"He almost knows you more than I do!" Tory said laughing, "Almost"

"It would be more than almost if he could figure out how much you like him." Finn said.

I started blushing furiously. I'm so glad Tory doesn't know how to read minds yet! If she could she's have new blackmail on me. Mainly from the dream I had had about Avery.

Tory and Finn burst into a fit of laughter as we pulled into the parks parking lot.

Tory chose a rather far parking spot but we walked to the entrance with little complaint.

"Did he say where to meet him at?" I asked Tory.

"Nope."

I rolled my eyes. At the entrance gate we saw a sign and a blindfold in front.

The sign read:

Poppy, please put on blindfold

"He's kidding right?" I asked, a little too hopeful.

"Sounds like he means it." Finn said, "Don't worry so much. This sounds kind of fun."

"Yeah, listen to Finn." Tory said.

"If you think it's so fun then why don't you do it."

"Oh come on Poppy. The sooner you put the blindfold on the faster we can get some food." Tory said.

"Fine. Will one of you tie it?" I asked.

"Sure." Tory said, tying the blindfold, "You can't see, can you?"

"Not a thing."

"Good."

They each took one of my hands and we all walked into the park.

"This place seems so spooky at night." Finn said.

"Nah." Tory said, "It could be worse. We could be walking through Slender Mans forest."

"Shh Tory! Don't say things like that!" I whimpered. I could feel Finn shake a little.

"What? Are you scared Poppet?" Tory asked, laughing.

"Well I am the one whose blindfolded and defenseless!"

"True." Tory said laughing more.

Twenty minutes and three wrong turns later we finally got to our destination and I was allowed to take the blindfold off.

I tore off the cloth and was surprised by balloons, lights, food, and all of my friends screaming, "Happy Birthday!"

"What? How did you guys know?" I asked.

"Avery." Dante said.

"It's on my calendar." Tyler said, "In fact everyone's birthday is on my calendar."