Chapter 25

Tory

Poppy and I walked out of Mystical Café and got into my car.

"What do you think was in the book?" Poppy asked, buckling her seatbelt.

"Probably something stupid and beside the point." I said, starting my car. Poppy laughed and I joined.

"Hey Tory?" She asked, when she's stopped laughing. Her voice sounded serious.

"Yeah?" I asked. I looked over at her and she looked conflicted. I could tell she was choosing her words wisely.

"How's, uh. How's Ian?" She asked, sounding almost sad now.

"Oh, he's okay. Why do you ask?"

"Okay? He's not heart broken or anything like that?"

"I don't know, Poppy. I'm not on emotional talking terms with my brother like I used to be. Why do you want to know?"

She looked down and fiddled with the lining of her shirt.

"The day that we had broken up he said he was making something special for me..."

She brought a hand up to her eye, as if to wipe a tear away, but there was nothing there.

"Well when he saw Avery and I kissing he had dropped something glass and ran off. I picked up the glass pieces and noticed that there were words on some of them. The only words I was able to make out were Poppy, Love, and Forever." She was looking down at the floor when she had finished. She just kept looking at her feet.

It was obvious from her reaction that she wasn't saddened over the breakup just over the fact that she'd probably hurt my brother.

"He seemed so torn up over it when he stormed off."

"It's okay, Poppy. Even if you did kiss Avery in front of my brother it wouldn't have hurt him, He's heartless. Unless my brother grew a heart while you two were dating he's more than likely over it."

She looked up at me with sad eyes and I could see the conflicting emotions that were causing her so much pain.

"You think he grew a heart, don't you?" I asked.

"I think he was going to tell me he loved me. And you can only love someone if you have a heart..."

I pulled up to her house and put the car in park.

"Don't worry, Poppy. I'm sure he's fine." I said, as I reached over and rubbed her back, soothing her.

She gave me a smile that said I hope so, but I could still see the pain in her eyes.

"Thanks for not making me walk." She said, unbuckling her seatbelt, "See you tomorrow."

"Yeah, see you tomorrow."

***********************************************************************

Authors Note: So yeah, sorry that this chapter is so short, I guess that I wasn't really feeling up to writing that much. But not to fear the next chapter will be longer. Besides the last chapter was hella long!