Chapter ♞ 39: ...!

Whoever can tell the best joke in the comments gets a weird shout out. You can try as many times as you want lol.
[Closes August 4th 12:00am EST]

Forgive senpai for being inactive but I'm gonna wrap up this book soon. Updates every 6 months isn't acceptable and ya'll deserve better.

I listened to a lot of Birdy while writing this so listen to her music if you want some intense emotions.

-

"What were you thinking?!" As soon as the ferris wheel came to a stop Hikaru was already waiting at the exit, only to be greeted by a grinning Kaoru who apparently gave no care about how upset his brother was.

"Thinking? My thinking was pretty clear. I kissed the girl I like, simple." Kaoru brushed past his brother, his warm hand still in yours as he made his way off the ride. You, on the otherhand were a tad bit confused, frustrated- yet overall elated.

But being kissed by two brothers was anything far from okay, in the least.

"Besides, I'm not the one throwing stuff at people's head. That piece of crap hurt."

"The only piece of crap here is you," Hikaru stood back in Kaoru's way, not allowing either of you to go much further. There was tension in the air, as both twins showed their utter annoyance with one another.

Softly, Kaoru left go of your hand, leaving you to wallow in your thoughts alone.

In that moment, food was still in your mind even though you had been sick earlier before and your phone ringing due to a phone call from your mom was to be expected. You had been to engulfed in your own thoughts and future actions, that you failed to notice the twins' voices gradually getting louder as they bickered over the only subject that had been tearing them apart for months.

You.

"You've always been like this, you know? Wanting the things I have," Hikaru spoke with an uncharacteristically authoritative tone as he accused Kaoru. "Does it have something to do with the fact that I'm the older one? Because I usually get everything and you get nothing?"

At those words you snapped out of your trance. Yeah, the twins bickered -worse than most normal siblings -but it's still just bickering- but his words were cutting much deeper than usual.

At this, Kaoru took a step closer, daring Hikaru to continue speaking. "Excuse me? I'm not afraid to work for what I want- unlike you. Do you really just expect Y/N to fall into your arms? It's like I'm the only one trying to actually get her heart and not just into her pants-"

"Excuse me?" You interrupted them both with a stern voice as you gave them a real 'what-the-fuck-did-you-just-say?' face. Yeah, they were arguing for you sake but you never asked for them to. Yeah, you heart was still slightly torn over who to pick- and the ache you felt slowly got worse each passing day.

But that sure as hell didn't give any guy the right to talk down about you like that, even if it wasn't true. Kaoru's word left a stinging feeling, and the guilt was riddled on his features, as his eyes cast downward and he took a deep breath from his parted lips.

"I'm not just saying that to be an ass, you know. When Hikaru first saw you- he told me it was a sexual attraction. At least... I had actual romantic feelings."