Chapter ♞ 22: Sketchbooks & Movies (3)

A/N this is short because I have to update literally 6 other books tonight. Also, sorry if it seems rushed. XX

If someone told you that on a Sunday, you'd be sitting down with Kaoru in a Cafe like actual civilized human beings, discussing Hikaru Hitachiin, you would've laughed in their faces.

When thinking about being alone with Kaoru a normal conversation is not the first thing to come to mind.

But there you were.

In a half empty (or half full) coffee shop, with the younger red-head twin discussing his older brother Hikaru, who apparently refused to come out of his bed in days.

He stared intently at you, and you squirmed under his intense and hot gaze.

~

It started when you were at home, and you heard your parents arguing down the hall.

By the time you had gotten out of your bedroom and into the livingroom, you dad had out a bottle of Sake and a drinking glass, and your mother's car keys were gone.

You knew that when your dad started drinking there was no stopping him, and soon the drinking would turn into him getting a little bit homo with Haru's dad... that was the part you and your mother hated most.

"Where did mom go?" You ask lightly, as you leaned on the door frame and watched your father pour another cup. He had no shame if he saw his daughter watching him drink, since he knew she already seen he do it before. Your dad figured it would be a waste if he attempted to hide it.

"Don't know, don't care," He answered with a grudge as he chugged down more of the alcoholic bevarage. "Do me a favor Y/N, and go get Ranka for me?" (The nickname of Haru's dad.)

Judging from your father's current state -slouched over the table, seemingly blurry vision, and alright lightly tinted cheeks from the liquor intake- you could tell fighting what he asked of you wouldn't change what he wanted. If he wanted Ranka he was going to get him one way or another.

Since you were already wearing leggings and a sweatshirt, you figured that was good enough to go get one person.

~

"What did they fight about?"

"I don't know... there was a loud bang, then I heard the front door slam close. When I got to where my dad was, he was already drunk with Sake and his sorrows, and my mother was gone."

When you went to go get Haru's dad and told him about the situation, he smiled friendly at you and willingly went over to console your dad.

You decided that staying with Haru was your best shot at a normal and peaceful evening... but she was asking you questions left and right about the current predicament.

"Are you alright?" She asked as she plopped down next to you on her bed. Her room was clean- the opposite from yours. You had forgotten was a floor without clothes everywhere looked like.

"I'm fine,"

"Did your mom-"

Haru stopped her question when she saw a flicker of sadness glint in your eye. She wasn't big when it came to picking up on social cues, but she knew you currently didn't want to be interoggated with questions you couldn't even answer.

"I meant, how did your date with Nao go?"

"I-It wasn't a date!" You immediately choked as you whipped your eyes over to hers.

"It kind of was," She said with a small laugh. "I mean, a movie... and I bet you both went out for pizza or ice cream later and then you two probably kissed and, wow it was probably such a cliche date." She teased and added a fake laugh. The more she talked, the brighter your cheeks got."You two would be an adorable couple, thought I'd think the twins would be a little over-protective of you."

"The twins? What do they have to do wit- oh." And suddenly a flashback of memories and pictures of Hikaru pranking Nao came into mind.

If harrassing people was the twins' idea of being a little over-protective you definitely didn't want them to be protective of you in the slightest.

You explained to Haru what happened on the disasturous occassion, and she didn't seem the slightest bit surprised. In fact, she behaved as if it would've been odd if they hadn't invaded somehow.

And that gave you the impression that she knew something you didn't.

~

It wasn't long after, that you and Haruhi's laughing was drowned out by a frantically ranging doorbell.

She went to answer the door, and it took her a few minutes to return to the bedroom. Soon you heard footsteps retreating to her room, so you assumed it was Haruhi.

Only you were greeted a pissed looking Kaoru who had a fresh cut on his cheek, and a band-aid on his arm. Haru walked into the room after him carrying a rnd band-aid in her hands.

"Y/N's cat sure does hate you," She mumbled with a grin.

But Kaoru wasn't in a joking mood, in fact it looked like he had just jumped out of bed -since he had bedhead that looked oddly good on him, and tired looking eyes- and put on fresh clothes.

"Um, can I help you?" You asked as he just glared at you.

"What did you do to Hikaru?" Was his only question as he went closer to you, on the bed.

There goes your peaceful Sunday afternoon.

A/N

Was this good or bad, because i feel bad I rushed it. Normally this will be updated on Tuesdays. Go on my profile and check when my other books will be updated :3

I'll try to reply to comments more!