Chapter ♞ 21: Sketchbooks & Movies (2)

A/N Written by my wonderful new co-writer lunaishi !
And I died laughing when Peeta choked Katniss, and that's terrible. I saw the movie last night.
~Bry_anime

You straightened the ends of your skirt nervously, it wasn’t often you wore skirts, but Haru had forced you to “dress for the occasion” as she so eloquently put it. You ran a hand through your hair as you looked around the busy crowds going by. You were waiting patiently by the fountain in town. Nao and you were going to see the Mockingjay today, and had agreed to meet here. Luckily it wasn’t a windy day, and the sun was shining brightly. It was definitely the weather for ice cream, and if you were lucky maybe Nao wouldn’t mind getting some later.“Y/N! Were you waiting for long?”You turned at the sound of Nao’s voice, and saw him jogging over to you with a grin on his face. “I wasn’t. I just got here," You replied with a smile when he got close enough to hear you. Nao’s expression then turned a little strange. He was looking at you up and down.

“You l-look pretty. I-I mean nice! No wait! I mean-” The blonde stuttered through his sentences, and you laughed. “W-what?” Nao asked, stopping himself. You shook your head.

“It’s nothing, shall we get going?” You asked. It was funny how Nao seemed pretty nervous. After all, it was only a date between friends. Friends.

It didn’t take long to get to the local cinema, it was only a short walk away. You and Nao chatted about all sorts of things. School, the previous Hunger Games movies, and were getting on quite well. Today felt like it was going to be fun.

“Should I go pay for the tickets?” Nao asked you, as you both stepped into the cinema’s entrance. There were a lot of people around today, and the smell of popcorn made your mouth water hungrily. You glanced at the line for tickets. It was pretty long.

“I have an idea, how about I go get the tickets, and you go get the food?” You suggested. Nao nodded, and you gave him some money, telling him what you wanted. “I’ll wait for you over ther,” he said, gesturing to an area that was less crowded, and then he walked off towards the food section. You turned to join the line, happy at the prospect of getting food. You were hungrier than usual today. After waiting what seemed like forever, you finally got to the front of the line, and paid for two tickets. The cashier smiled brightly at you.

“Hope you and your boyfriend enjoy the movie!” she said, her peppy voice was slightly annoying. She must’ve seen you and Nao talking. You smiled.

“He’s not my boyfriend, but we will.”You laughed slightly, and headed over to where Nao would be waiting, just in time to see someone run by him, and purposely knock the drink he had in his hands onto his shirt. The person then sprinted from the scene when he saw you approaching.

“Nao! Are you okay?” You asked heading over to him, helping him by taking one of the bags of popcorn he had in his hands. You didn’t bother worrying about the person who had pushed him. Nao laughed.

“Someone just thought I was too stylish today.” he said jokingly, although he was nearly completely drenched on his front. “I’ll clean myself up in the bathroom, would you mind heading into the theatre and save me a seat?” he asked. You nodded, and walked in. For a second, you could have sworn you caught a glimpse of ginger hair from beneath the hood of the person who had shoved Nao. Then again, maybe it was your imagination.

~

You and Nao sat next to each other, watching the movie intently. It was just getting to the good bit.

“Effie looks so weird without her makeup.” Nao whispered to you. “Agreed. Although if you think about it, she is wearing makeup that makes her look like she has no makeup.” You replied. Nao chuckled.