Justin Foley [3]

Running out of his house, bag slung over his shoulder, Justin wiped his wet eyes on the sleeve of his varsity jacket, only for the tears to be replaced with new ones

Running out of his house, bag slung over his shoulder, Justin wiped his wet eyes on the sleeve of his varsity jacket, only for the tears to be replaced with new ones. He didn't stop until he couldn't run anymore, legs aching, throat burning. He had no idea where he was, he couldn't tell with his blurry vision. It was almost nightfall, not a person In sight. He fell to his knees, bag dropping with a loud thump, as a quiet sob passed his lips.

There was one thing Justin could think of doing. One person he wanted to talk to now, he needed to talk to right now. He reached into his pocket, hands trembling as he did so, retrieving his phone. He somehow found your contact, a picture of your beaming face on his screen, the image alone calming him down the tiniest bit. He shakily pressed the dial button, holding his breath while waiting for you to pick up. Begging you to answer.

One ring. Two ring.

More tears gathered in his eyes.

Three ring.

You were probably busy. You didn't need him as a burden.

Four ring.

More and more tears fell as another sob racked his body.

"Hey"

The world stopped. Justin's voice was caught in his throat, no words forming.

"Justin? You there?"

He couldn't help the cry he let out of his mouth.

"Justin?! Are you okay?"

The sound of your panicked voice, filled Justin's heart. You cared, you were the only one who cared.

"Y-Y/N" It was only a whisper, something you shouldn't have caught but you did. "Justin? What happened? What's wrong? What did they do?"

"I- I can't. I-" The words wouldn't come out, as much as Justin tried. "Where are you? I'm coming to pick you up" you stated. Justin heard the jingling of keys through the phone.

"I- I don't know. There's houses and- and a-" he stuttered, trying to speak through the suffocation he was feeling. "Justin. Stop. Breathe in. Breathe out. Now tell me, can you see a street sign anywhere?"

He did as you instructed, following your smooth, familiar voice. "Risely Avenue" he said after a while. "Stay where you are, I'm coming. And Justin?" He blinked back more tears as he listened to you talk.

"Yeah?"

"Everything will be okay"

It was a mere 10 minutes before your familiar car drove up the street, headlights illuminating the otherwise dark road. Justin looked at the ground as he stood, ashamed to look at you in his current state. He heard the click of the car door opening, followed the by the clicking of your shoes on the gravel road. He managed to look up, eyes meeting with your warm ones. You stood right in front of him, inches away. You held your arms out and in less than a second, Justin fell into your arms.