Clay Jensen [3]

"Oh come on Y/N,when are you planning to tell him?"Hannah asked and took a sip from her milkshake

"Oh come on Y/N,when are you planning to tell him?"Hannah asked and took a sip from her milkshake.Y/N snorted and shook her head. "I don't know,maybe,never?"She said between laughs and shrugged her shoulders.

"Hey,look at me," Hannah had gotten serious.She took her friend's hands in hers,rubbing them softly. "Y/N, i don't see where the bad thing is!He needs to know!And i'm sure he likes you too,so much!You guys would make such a cute couple!" She shouted from excitement.Y/N's eyes widened and she immediately shushed her friend.

"Oh my God Hannah!We're not the only people in here!" Y/N took a quick look at her surroundings.Nobody at Monet's seemed to notice Hannah's sudden outburst. "Look,what if he doesn't like me back?I really don't wanna embarrass myself..."She pointed and sighed once again.

Y/N had been crushing on Clay Jensen for years.But she thought that it'd ruin their friendship if she confessed her feelings for him.Of course,Hannah couldn't let her friend drown in ignorance;she had everything planned.And she was sure the plan was going to work.It had to.

"Hey,positive thoughts right?Everything's going to be fine and i'm sure that by the end of this date,you guys will be the best couple ev-"

Y/N was drinking her coffee but as soon as she heard Hannah's words she almost spilled it.

"Whoa- what da-"

"Hey guys!"Said a familiar voice from behind.With a shocked expression on her face,Y/N turned around and came face to face with none other but Clay Jensen.His hands were tightly holding his backpack but there was a smile on his face nonetheless. What in the world had Hannah done?

"Hey Helmet!"Hannah exclaimed and quickly stood up.Grabbing her bag,she lightly patted his shoulder,she winked at Y/N and started walking away. "I was just leaving."

"You're dead..."Y/N mumbled,her eyes fixed on Hannah.The girl took her tongue out and waved them goodbye,then she soon disappeared. "What am i gonna do,what am i gonna do?"She thought to herself.She slowly started panicking and that wasn't good.What had Hannah told Clay?Did she tell him that she was head over heels for him?No,no that wasn't gonna end up well...

"So..." Clay started as he let his backpack down and took Hannah's seat.

"Hannah said that you wanted to inform me about something that's been bothering you lately?" Y/N simply nodded.She was dying to tell him.But she was scared of his reaction.

"Should i be worried?" He asked and frowned. It was then or never.She took a deep breath.She decided to stop hiding behind her little finger.If Clay was a true friend he wouldn't dump her for that.Besides,it was the way she felt.She needed to share it.She would feel better and more relaxed if she did.At the end of the day,it wouldn't even matter,there were just gonna be some words that needed to be spoken.

"Listen.I don't care if you don't see me the same way,i'm just gonna say it;i like you.I've liked you since junior high school and i never had the courage to tell you because i was scared.But you know what?I just realized that it's totally fine.I've told you everything about myself,you know me better than anyone else.I like you so much that i might even love you.And it's okay if you don't feel the same.I just think that this is something that i should've told you long ago."

Y/N talked in a low voice.Her eyes were staring intently at the wooden table.She finished her little speech and let out a deep breath.That was it.Now she was waiting for her friend's answer.

She couldn't see the smile slowly creeping on his beautiful face.He coughed a little bit before speaking.
"Y/N the feeling is mutual."He almost whispered and reached for her right hand.

"What?" She asked,surprised,and looked up. "For a long time too.And it's crazy,you and me sitting here talking about it so calm and...It feels good to be honest." She couldn't help but smile.The butterflies in her stomach didn't seem to leave her.She was sure her cheeks were red but honestly,she didn't care. "So, you're saying that-" She didn't manage to finish her sentence because he extended so as his face was close to hers.Soon, a pair of soft lips were on hers but only for a few seconds;people were watching,kids.

But even a few seconds were enough to melt Y/N's heart. "You know i don't say this often but,do you mind being my girlfriend?" She gave him a cheeky grin and squeezed his hand gently.

"No Clay,not at all!"
The best part is that Y/N and Clay couldn't see Hannah watching them behind the corner,her hand in her mouth to prevent herself from yelling.Her OTP was finally getting together,there's nothing in this world she wanted more at this very moment.
•••••••••••••••••••
850 Words!
Helmet is so adorable tbh!
Don't forget to vote, comment and like!!!