Hannah baker [1]

{Hannah baker X Fem reader}

You were a freshman at Liberty High, totally new to the school in the September. Summer was drawing to a close, once completely bright green tree tops were now dotted with yellow and orange leaves.

Not having many friends from the middle school, you were set on latching onto Clay to guide you around the school and be a friend to you - he wasn't the typical 'I hate you' older brother, he was always loving towards you. He walked you through the double doors, guiding you to where your locker was.

When you got there, a girl was fumbling around with the lock, cursing when the numbers didn't work. She stood a bit taller than you, her wavy brown hair reaching a ways down her back. You caught sight of her face as she looked around in exasperation, thinking instantly that she was gorgeous.

Embarrassed for staring so long, you stared back at a smiling Clay.

"She's new too, but she's in my grade. Go and talk to her, you might find a friend," Clay whispered sweetly to you, nudging you in her direction; he could read you like a book, and had already deciphered that you wanted more than a friend from her. Giving you both privacy your brother walked away with a knowing wink. Grimacing after him you tapped her on the shoulder lightly.

"Hey, I'm y/n Jensen, my brother said you were new?"

"Oh hi, you're a Jensen? As in your brother's Clay Jensen?"

"That's him - I'm a freshman, and I wondered if we could find our way together..." saying anything that would help get you to hang out with her for a bit, you lost yourself in her eyes in the moments of silence between you finishing taking and her starting.

"Of course! Where's your first class?" you pulled yourself together enough to say that it was in room sixteen, both of you relieved that she had one in room eighteen, just across the hall. Luckily, most of your schedule fitted into similar parts of the school. She seemed just as happy as you for this coincidence, but it could just be your mind playing up hopefully. "I'll walk you to class then, y/n?"

"Be my guest," you both laughed at the fact that neither of you were 'qualified' to walk anyone to class, considering you had no basic orientation of how to get places. You linked arms and walked with the crowds, scanning the metallic door numbers for sixteen and eighteen. You hid a blush behind your long hair, getting way too much enjoyment out of her elbow hooked into yours.

***

Hannah found you sitting at a table at lunch, a few seats placed between you and where Clay and Tony, another sophomore, sat. You'd purposely left the seats, hoping your budding crush would find it.

"This school already sucks," she bemoaned, digging into some pasta. You hummed an agreement, wanting to push her pretty hair out of the way of her food. You stopped yourself, not wanting to scare her away. All you did was sit and chase your food around your plate, too busy studying her lips as they moved when she spoke and ate.

She's got really great lips
...really great everything, really

She stopped eating you noticed, even though you were in a little bit of a daze, she still had a bit of pasta left. You snapped out of your stare, shaking your head lightly to put your eyes back into focus. Moving your eyes slowly from her lips to her eyes, you saw that she was staring right back at you, chin rested where the heels of her hands met.

"What're you staring at?"

"N-nothing," you'd gone beet red, obviously lying.

"No, not nothing. You've barely touched your food, and I kinda felt someone watching me... from about your direction, so what's up?"

You felt this coming out too fast. Beginning to realise that you hadn't even considered that she might be into guys more so than girls, and also that you'd only known of her for four hours - only having spoken to her for about one of those. She'd cottoned onto you admiring her, so you may as well try your luck, no matter how quickly you'd taken this.

"I think you're really cute, and I think you're really great, and-" Hannah leant across the table, hair dangerously close to her food. You reached forward and pushed it behind your ear, deciding that you may as well make more spur of the moment advances.

"Sweetie, you had me at 'hey, I'm y/n,' I get the idea," she was so much closer to you now, leaning over so much that her chest nearly touched the table whilst she tilted her head slightly, drooping her eyelids and poking her lips with her tongue. Freaking out inside, you watched where the parts of her eyes you could still see went. First your eyes, then your lips, then your unblinking eyes. Hannah pulled away, tucking her hair behind her ears.

What a tease,

"Your brother knows where I work - tell him to take you there this weekend, whatever day, whatever time. Within reason, of course. I'll get time off, Marvel or DC? Oh, never mind, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it," she rushed out the last prepositions as the bells rung, standing up quickly all the while trying to get the last of her lunch down. "See ya in a few days, Cuter Helmet!"

You stared after her, amazed that you'd just made a date on your first day with someone older than you. Clay was giggling at your expression, but Tony was in stitches about 'Cuter Helmet'. They got up and left, Tony holding it over him that his sister was cuter than him (and this is coming from a gay dude, Clay).

"See you," you whispered to your full plate of food, eventually being the only person left sitting in the lunch hall, "Hannah Baker."
••••••••••••••••••••••
1002 Words!
Me: well....
Hannah: don't forget to vote, comment and share!
Me:......
Hannah: bye xx 💙