Chapter 18 - Resolutions

Twisted Moon - Book 3 of the Black Moon series - Chapter 18: Resolutions

(Camden's POV - Fri. 13 March 2015)

Fuck! That boy is going to be the death of me! I can't believe he just tried to kiss me! The little minx just kissed me!

"What the fuck are doing, Noah?!?!" I shout at him, willing myself to reign in my anger for the umpteenth time of the day. Disappointment is more than clear on his face and his eyes are brimming with tears but I just can't let that pass. Impossible! I just can't let that happen! And yet, this pain in my chest at seeing the tears rolling down his cheeks as he jumps to his feet is almost unbearable. I block him as he tries to go past me. "You can't do that, Noah... It's not possible..."

"Leave me the fuck alone!!!!" he screams, thrashing in my arms and I have no other choice than to let go of him. "Just leave me alone!" he screams again as he heads up the staircase. A few seconds later, I hear his door slam shut.

Fuck! I can't deal with this new shit right now. I just can't. I'm too fucking scared I might do something wrong. This is one too many times today and I first need to calm down before I talk some sense into him. I can't take the risk of going upstairs now and hurt him. My chest is aching from the thumps of my heart; my breathing is heavy and I can only think of one thing that is going to soothe my troubled mind. I grab my leather flight jacket from the hall closet, my keys on the console and hurry to the garage. I briefly stop by the door in front of my car but then I change my mind and go to open the other door. My motorcycle is actually a better option, a more attractive one. Not caring to put on my helmet, I sit on my low matte black Street Bob, praying that it is going to start since I haven't used in quite a while.

The bike starts on my first attempt and the motor hums and growls loudly in the confines of the garage, sending vibrations through my entire body. I pull on the rubber band at the back of my head, freeing my long hair, before I wrap it around my wrist and engage the first gear. Even if it is freaking cold, feeling the fresh air run through my hair already soothes part of my tension as I get on the highway to Chicago. However, the one thing that is really going to remove all this anger and boiling tension is a rough fucking with a Sub. I just hope that I won't be too late and will be able to find someone who is free for the night. What a fucking day! Damn!! Noah really ruined all my plans for the evening!

I had made sure that my last appointment would end at seven tonight so that I could go to the Black Diamond and enjoy a short evening there with my friends. That would have calmed down the guys' worries about my absence and when I told Aaron that I would be there tonight, he sounded relieved and eager to see me, saying that Josh and Mark would be there too. Apart from the fact that I have been missing my friends over the past two weeks, I was in terrible need for some release. I didn't think that taking care of a youth would be so difficult and even if Noah is getting better and that he finally has plans for the future months, this is still quite stressful. My intention was to spend a little hour with the guys and then take a Sub to my private room for a short but intense scene. I would have been home by eleven or eleven-thirty maximum and that would have been perfect.

However, that was without counting on Noah's call in the middle of the afternoon while I was taking care of a patient. As I always do between two patients, I checked my phone and found out that Noah had tried to reach me twice. I really thought that he was just calling to say hello since I hadn't taken the time to call him earlier today like I often do, so as the next patient wasn't here yet, I called him back, but got no answer. I tried several times but he never picked up the phone and from there, my thoughts went astray.

I was afraid he might need to talk urgently or have gone into one of his panic attacks. I was scared that he might need to talk to me and since I wasn't able to answer, he could have looked for a knife and cut himself again. Right then, I didn't think twice; I simply cancelled the rest of my appointments for the day and asked Ethan to take care of the patient who had arrived in the meantime. I also hated myself for not buying Noah a mobile phone yet and now that I think about it, I know what his birthday present will be.