Chapter 83 - Goodbye Black Diamond!

Twisted Moon - Book 3 of the Black Moon series - Chapter 83: Goodbye Black Diamond

(Camden's POV - Sat. 15 August 2015)

"Thank you, Sir! Have a nice day!" the cashier says as she hands me the receipt for my grocery shopping.

"Thanks, same to you," I reply. I grab the two large bags of groceries in my arms and head back to the apartment.

Things went fast in the end. I wasn't expecting to move into Aaron's apartment until early next week at the very best, but it seems like Noah was really eager to start his new life in Chicago, so the little creep worked his ass off this week and managed to prepare everything; not that there was that much to do anyway. Aaron left his former apartment mostly furbished since he bought tons of stuff for the new loft and since I want to keep the house as it is for now so that we can spend a few weekends there if we want to escape from the city, we are leaving a lot of our things in Lisle.

What needed to be moved mostly consisted of our clothes and various other small items that we use on a daily basis, as well as the majority of the accessories of the playroom. Aaron's apartment does have a playroom too, but all the accessories being quite personal, he obviously moved them to his new place, like all the furniture that goes with it, so our move also included the bench, the cross and the swing.

Noah was so eager and it felt so good to see some life in him again, that I eventually decided to take my afternoon off on Friday and we proceeded with transferring most of the stuff yesterday. We will need to go back on Sunday to finish but at least we were able to spend our first night at the apartment on Friday evening and in a few minutes, even the fridge will be filled up.

In the end, I am more than happy with Aaron's offer. Contrary to what I thought, I have a feeling Noah will be safer in Chicago, but that probably has to do with the fact that he was abducted in Lisle. In any case, cities are said to be safer than little towns, so I will cling to that. The only sad part is that we are going to miss our kind neighbors, Silvo and Maria, but if we spend a weekend in Lisle once in a while, we will still get to see them.

I am truly impressed by my boy's progress in his healing. The simple sight of him smiling or joking is blissful, but all this liveliness and eagerness contribute too. I am pleased to see he is also coming back to his friends – like they spend hours talking or texting on their phones! – and I am certain they will all help each other to get over what happened. Obviously, that won't be complete until Jeremy is found again but I think everyone will cope better if we all stand together. In the meantime, the nightmares are still there, nagging at his mind, but they have largely decreased in intensity, and I am even glad to say that last night was the first one that he didn't wake up crying or screaming.

So in the end, I don't know what helped him the most – his conversation with Gary, all the talking with his friends, or our return to the BDSM lifestyle – but my Baby Boy is slowly getting back to his old self and I love it. Until we returned to the playroom, I hadn't realized how much I had missed that myself. All these emotions and sensations erupting in me as I recovered my dominant self also proved me that this is what suits us best and we are gradually returning to our previous relationship. I just needed to accept it.

The truth is that I just can't do things halfway and I now expect to get back where we were exactly before the awful events; and that means me fully dominating him. Of course, I have enough self-control and I am taking things easy for now, but we will get there at some point. On Tuesday, we spent three hours reviewing the D/S contract and our limits, and then discussing every aspect of our relationship at length. The good thing is that we totally agree on everything, so I am confident we will soon find the perfect balance between our lifestyle and our regular lover relationship.