Chapter 43 - Learning Through Mistakes

Twisted Moon - Book 3 of the Black Moon series - Chapter 43: Learning Through Mistakes

(Noah's POV - Thur. 9 April 2015)

"Do you have any plans for the weekend already?" Sean suddenly asks. We are at the cafeteria, sitting by ourselves at a small table, munching on our sandwiches, and I was lost in the expectation of the upcoming weekend. On Saturday evening, if all goes well, I will become a certified member of the Black Diamond and I have been promised a long night of practice after that. I doubt I will be up for much anything on Sunday.

"Yeah, pretty much, why?"

"Such a shame... I wanted to go to Pixel Blast Arcade and I was wondering if you'd like to go with me..." Sean sighs in disappointment.

For the past two weeks, I have been promising him that we would spend some time together over the next weekends but all my Saturdays and Sundays have been fully busy. Not only because of Camden's revelations about his lifestyle and what ensued, but also because I have loads of homework to do and lessons to learn in order to be ready for my end-of-May exams and graduation. Camden makes me work like a maniac! Although I have to admit that it proves efficient in my marks, I sometimes find it a bit annoying. I have never been a huge fan of school but only getting A's and B's - well, except in Math - is motivating and I well intend to respect Camden's rules until I graduate.

Going to the arcade place is tempting, though. I remember I used to spend a lot of time there in my home town before I ran away from my parents. Oh, I never really had much money to spend, but I liked being there and watch the others play. It was much better than being home alone or bear with my parents' moods. Not that I have much more money now, but I still have some from what Camden left me with in case I need to buy food or supplies.

However, as much as I would love to go there with Sean, I doubt I will be able to. For one, Camden will surely refuse that I spend time with my school friend now that he and I are into a serious relationship. And then, if things go as planned, he will make me work like a slave for school on Saturday morning, train me into submission in the afternoon before the test at the club and after an evening of intense sex, I guess he will let me sleep in on Sunday then make me work more for the rest of the day.

"That's a shame, yeah... I would have loved to go there too..." I reply remorsefully.

But then an idea forms in my head! Yes! I'm sure I can work this out!

Camden is trying to change his usual schedule of appointments to finish earlier than he used to. He wants to try and be home by seven the latest on most days, but it hasn't worked out very well until now, due to the always increasing requests he gets from his patients. In any case, he is never home before 7:30 or 8:00; so that gives me a good hour and a half after school to hang out with Sean without Camden knowing it. The History teacher only asked us to reread our lessons for tomorrow and if I am lucky enough, the English teacher shouldn't give us much either this afternoon. That means I could just do my homework right after dinner, pretending that I didn't have time to finish or even tomorrow morning once Camden has left. This sounds like a good plan.

"Sean? What about we go tonight after school? We could stay there for a little hour or so?" I propose, witnessing his brightening face.

"Yeah! Great idea! And if you have some time over the weekend, we could return?"

"Deal!" I cheer with a grin.

The afternoon goes rather smoothly. It starts with good news when the teacher hands us back some graded homework essay for which I get an A. However, she strictly says that she was gentle with her grading and asks us to prepare the map of a new essay for tomorrow's class because those were far from perfect. The task is not that difficult but it will still take me a good couple of hours. That implies I will need to make sure I wake up early enough tomorrow morning to reread my history lessons and skip watching television tonight to do my English homework. Well, as long as it leaves a bit of space for my training, that sounds fair enough.