Chapter 45 - I Learned My Lesson Well

Twisted I Moon - Book 3 of the Black Moon series - Chapter 45: I Learned My Lesson Well

(Noah's POV - Wed. 15 April 2015)

"This is perfect, Noah, keep it up," Mrs. Allister, the Art teacher, tells me kindly after she has checked my sketch. "By the way, Class, while I think about it, there is an interesting exhibition in our town this week on architectural artwork, but it ends on Saturday. It has very nice model reproductions of famous buildings, 3D plans as well as architectural plans. I thought this might interest some of you who have demonstrated a particular talent during the first part of our course on perspectives."

The last sentence is uttered in a most silky voice while her eyes are steadily laying on me, causing me to blush at the compliment. I have always been the Art teachers' pet and Mrs. Allister is no exception. Ever since the beginning of the accelerated program, she has praised all my work and given me only A's, even more so now that we are working on portraits. These have always been my favorite and this is probably the only thing that I can be truly proud of, so I am not going to reject her congratulations. Sadly, I haven't had much time to spend on my hobby recently but I hope to resume my sketches of Camden in the near future.

However, my tastes in art have slightly changed in the last weeks and particularly after she introduced us to architectural design. I have found myself a new passion for drawing vanishing perspectives, buildings and houses, streets, etc. So, I would really like to go to that exhibition; unfortunately, it would have to be on Saturday because evenings are too short between homework and training into submission. In any case, I will have to ask for Camden's permission because I am not repeating last week's mistake!

"Hey, we could go on Saturday and have lunch together?" Sean proposes in a whisper once the teacher has gone back to her desk.

Here we go again with Sean's weekly request to go out over the weekend! Last Sunday morning, when he sent a text to remind me that we had agreed to maybe meet at the arcade games place again, I answered that I was feeling sick to my stomach and preferred to rest at home in order to feel better for the tests on Monday and Tuesday, but I won't be able to knit excuses all the time. If I didn't want to spend time with him at all, I would simply flip him off and tell him straight away, but the truth is that I would really like to. Sean is a cool guy, I really like him – as a friend, of course – and I would really appreciate to spend a few hours out of school with him once in a while. Now try and tell that to Daddy, Noah! Yeah, not sure he will like that, but if I don't ask, I will never find out.

"It would be a good idea... Let me just check with Camden tonight to make sure we don't have any plans and I'll tell you tomorrow," I whisper back to him.

Well, I do have my certification tests at the club on Saturday evening, but if I promise to work a lot for the rest of time, it could work. My only hope is that Camden will be in a good mood tonight and will accept. If the activity is education-oriented, it might pass off easier than if I was asking him to go out and play. Moreover, ever since last Sunday evening, I have been on my best behavior and he hasn't had to reproach me with a single mistake.

Just thinking about how awful last weekend was has my body shiver. Of course, I was really upset that Camden postponed my certification at the Black Diamond; I was so eager to take the tests and then spend the evening there. After he announced my punishment on Wednesday evening, I remained hopeful that I could make him change his mind. I took the first part pretty well, I think. The paddle spanking eased off my headache and as Camden warned me, I did feel it for a couple of days! Sitting in class the following day clearly allowed me to remember the lesson that Camden taught me!