Chapter 58 - Things Look (Almost) Perfect

Twisted Moon - Book 3 of the Black Moon series - Chapter 58: Things Look (Almost) Perfect

(Camden's POV - Mon. 8 June 2015)

"Don't eat so fast, Baby Boy! We have time and you'll get sick if you go on like that!" I scold him lightly as he is stuffing himself with his food and drinking his coffee at the same time. As if on cue, it seems like a piece of bread has gone the wrong way and Noah starts coughing, his face quickly turning red, so I stand up to pat his back. "See? What was I saying?" I add once he has recovered.

"But I still need to shower and get ready!" he complains, yet eating a bit more slowly.

"But you're not late, and I said I would take care of Jess's walk. Just don't spend half an hour in the shower like you usually do, and you'll be on time."

"I like long showers to wake up..." he replies softly with a smug smile.

"Keep those for the evening. I don't see the point of staying so long if it's not to relax after a long day of work or a strong effort. All you need to do is get in, wet your body, wash, rinse and then you're out. That can be done within five minutes," I argue. I am not one to spend countless minutes under the shower unless I need to release some of my stress or to relax my muscles after I have run. "Are you stressed for your first day?"

"Not really... I know they won't let me do much and I'll be there only to watch, so I don't have reasons to stress over that. Besides, I'll be with Liam most of the time, so that should be fun," he cheers.

"You're not going there to have fun, Baby! You'd better concentrate on what these guys will tell you because you'll have to make a choice quickly on what you want to specialize in."

"I know, Daddy... Just kidding! I promise I'll be serious! Don't worry..."

"You'd better. It's important for your future; and trust me, you'll be in trouble if you mess up," I warn him sternly.

"I know that..." he replies with a grin, earning a scowl from me. "Count on me, Daddy. I know I am given a huge opportunity so, don't worry about my behavior..." he adds more seriously.

"Good. If you're done with breakfast, go get ready then."

Once Noah has left, running and screaming with cheers – I swear Shannon is really rubbing off on him! – I tidy up and clean the kitchen counter of our leftovers, followed by the little hairy ball who tries to jump in the dishwasher to lick the dirty plates. I gently grab him by the abundant skin at the back of his neck and pull him back, scolding him. He looks at me with this sad face that cockers always have but that doesn't work with me.

He sits on his butt and whimpers a few times, as if begging for forgiveness while I finish what I was doing, but he soon recovers his eagerness when he sees me get his leash in the entrance hall. Poor buddy will have long days on his own for the next couple of weeks. Even if we managed for Noah to start early enough in the morning, he won't be home until at least 5:00 or 5:30 in the evening.

The little puppy really enjoyed himself in Josh's huge garden yesterday, running everywhere and playing with anyone who was willing to throw him his ball. But I think he wasn't the only one. That barbecue party was the best we ever had there and certainly the kinkiest too. I can't believe I let myself involve my Baby Boy into the premise of a threesome with Aaron. But I have no regrets because that was hot as fuck. What a great day it was, but I think we all needed that after the past few months.

I can't begin to express how proud I am of Noah. In every way. His submission is getting better and better, but I'm even more pleased with his results at school. I have always had faith in him and knew he would graduate, but I wasn't expecting such results. After a year and a half out of school and knowing he had never done great in the past, I was mostly awaiting average results, but my boy surpassed himself and finished with a brilliant GPA. The positive outcome is that it gave him confidence and showed him that with some efforts and assiduousness, everything is possible.