Chapter 27 - Back To School!

Twisted Moon - Book 3 of the Black Moon series - Chapter 27: Back To School

(Noah's POV - Mon. 23 March 2015)

Argh, shut up!!!! The shrilling noise that is hitting my ears is just unbearable!

I briefly peek at the alarm clock on my bedside table and groan at the digits displaying on its screen. Far too early!! Who the hell gets up at 6:30 in the morning? I snooze it and flip to my other side, sinking into the comforter to get back to sleep. Well, that was without counting on Camden.

"Noah, get up! It's time!" he calls out from the other side of the door, giving it a few loud knocks to which Jess replies with a yelp.

I hear the man walk back to his bedroom so I just ignore him and close my eyes again. Can't he just go to work as usual without waking me up? Just as I am about to fall back asleep a few minutes later, I hear my door open and before I know it, the comforter is roughly dragged off my body and a stream of cold water lands on my head, making me jump to a sitting position and gasp in surprise. There he is, sexy as hell even in his pajama pants and tee-shirt, arms folded across his chest and wearing a smug expression. Well, right now I wish he didn't look so attractive because it doesn't match my murderous emotions.

"Why the heck did you do that!?" I exclaim in anger.

"Next time you'll remember to wake up when your alarm goes off!" he smirks. "Now hurry up because you need to shower, get dressed, have breakfast and walk your dog before I drive you to school!" he adds, his voice back to seriousness, before he walks out of my room.

Crap!! School!!! How could I forget!? I have been waiting for that day so eagerly that it completely changes my mood to a very enthusiastic one all of a sudden. Don't get me wrong here; it is not so much the idea of going back to school that enthralls me. I have never been a great fan of classes and I would certainly prefer to stay at home or find a job. No, my ultimate goal is to please Camden. I want to show him that I can succeed because I have a feeling that it will make him proud of me. And if he gets proud of me, maybe he will like me more... if you see what I mean.

Yesterday we spent almost seven hours revising together the most important things with regards to the tests I am taking today and tomorrow. I can't believe that he spent so much time explaining me things and questioning me to try my knowledge, as if he had nothing better to do; I am so grateful for his help!  The first hours were a bit painful because Camden takes things very seriously as usual, but by the end of the day, I saw how he was relaxing and smiling more after every good answer I was providing to his questions.

"Noah!!! Do you need another glass of water!?" I hear him call from afar, making me realize that I have been zoning out on my bed. I hop off my bed and head out of my room, followed by a sleepy Jess.

"No thanks! Coming now!!" I shout back as I walk into the guest bathroom. He is still in his room and I hear him grumble something that I can't decipher, but I ignore it and shut the door. Jess patiently waits for me by the tub while I shower quickly and then by the door while I try to do my hair decently. Pointless! I like them in a natural mess! With a towel wrapped around my waist, I walk back to my room, but this time the puppy heads downstairs when he realizes that Camden is now in the kitchen. Greedy one... he prefers his dog food to my company! Ten minutes later, I join them, carrying my new backpack that I drop against one of the counters. Jess is finishing his plate and Camden is sipping on his coffee, holding a toast in one hand and typing on his phone with the other.

"Morning!" I chant as I prepare myself a couple of toasts too and pour some coffee in a mug.

"Good morning, you're finally ready?" Camden asks, putting his phone back on the counter.